Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said, I find Mr Mowbray a decent and honest commentator. He even spoke well of us before the game on football focus. Almost spoke like a ' positive ' City fan. No Ally Mann though.
Quite a contrast to Ian Darke

how do you do that? That sounds like a great way to watch city during lockdown.

You plug a digital radio into a laptop, download a piece of software, and sync the two to a TV commentary.
I've seen it explained a few years ago, and will try to find it.

This might help in the meantime.

Last edited:
Simon Stone,

"Burnley the better team this half"

No comment needed.
Bet he did not even watch the game.
Anyhow just flicked BB1 on and talking about Stockport v Yeovil in today’s FA cup game and immediately heard about Rags and how they beat Yeovil 4 nil in 2018. Is it a BBC rule they have to shoehorn the Rags into every topic

Could be wrong on both these, but a) they add the comms on after the game has finished so it must be difficult to recreate the ‘live’ surprise / emotion of a goal going in, and b) I thought Mowbray had some blue sympathies- I’ve certainly never found him particularly anti-City

edit. Just realised the point you were making!
Wake up at the back!! ;)

Ive mentioned it before but the human interest story of a little lad losing his granddad being totally ignored because his father plays for City is disgusting.
If the lads father had played for a team in red it would be all over the place.
Cunts is the word

Anyhow just flicked BB1 on and talking about Stockport v Yeovil in today’s FA cup game and immediately heard about Rags and how they beat Yeovil 4 nil in 2018. Is it a BBC rule they have to shoehorn the Rags into every topic
Indeed it is.. and for The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers too..

Even when I was a kid listening to either Len Martin on ‘Grandstand’ or John Webster on ‘Sports Report’, I expected them to announce the scores of their games as in.. ‘Sheffield Wednesday 1 The Glorious Legend That Is Manchester United 2’

Yeah but wasn't that the game that the "galatico" Alexis Sanchez came of age?

2i picked up today ( sorry if already mentioned)
Bt commentator
City are 6 points behind leaders Liverpool but with games to pan out that could be different by Monday.
Nope. Liverpool have already played this weekend ffs so still 6 points
Now he says ederson can’t get in Brazil team yet he was in nets for the last 2 games
Not sure what your problem is with the part in bold?
It’s a true & factual statement.
We could be 8 points behind leaders Tottenham if they beat Chelsea.
Think you’re getting your knickers in a twist over nothing here fella

Speaking of BBC's obsession in all things Man United... I was told to watch the series "This Life", the 1996-97 series with the lawyers in a flat share shown on BBC Two.

I could only watch the first episode. It was so horrible.

Unbelievable, Man U and Paul Ince referenced at least 12 times in 60 minutes, plus they had this guy hanging a signed Man U shirt next to an Oasis poster@? You couldn't make it up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.