Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t they watch our chairman annual video he said 2/3 seasons ago we have been self sufficient for the last few years!

That means our owner hasn’t put a penny in to the club for around 5/6 years.

This City Have more resources that the rest is utter bullshit how many owners in the premier have Billionaires as owners or on there board?

It’s a false Narrative they’ve been pushing since our take over.

As a simple brained man I don't understand. Liverpool's income has been close overall to City's for the last 3 plus years. And not far behind in the previous 3 years. Like City, they can only spend what they earn due to FFP. Therefore we do not have more resources surely?
I think the group that owns them dip their beaks into the income, same as the Glazers do at OT. American owners like to take their cut of the "franchise"

As a simple brained man I don't understand. Liverpool's income has been close overall to City's for the last 3 plus years. And not far behind in the previous 3 years. Like City, they can only spend what they earn due to FFP. Therefore we do not have more resources surely?
No. The fact is, we spend £200m of the sheik's money every year and our accounts showing we spend just our football income (which any journo can look up) are fake, as CAS ruled.

Don’t they watch our chairman annual video he said 2/3 seasons ago we have been self sufficient for the last few years!

That means our owner hasn’t put a penny in to the club for around 5/6 years.

This City Have more resources that the rest is utter bullshit how many owners in the premier have Billionaires as owners or on there board?

It’s a false Narrative they’ve been pushing since our take over.
I think you'll find we've been self-sufficient longer than 2/3 years ago. IIRC since 2014, and maybe before. Though I'm happy to be corrected. It's certainly longer than 2/3 years!

Sorry I’m getting confused, was the wind ‘an act of god’ or ‘global warming’ from burning UAE fossil fuels from our despot, loaded owner

I heard that, very interesting that he doesn’t like TV punditry as a result. As an educated lad he
Nedum Onouha was on a City podcast (Ian Cheeseman’s?) a week or so ago, and he said something like “a question gets asked when you’re on air, and the producer is in the earpiece saying ‘you’ve got 30 seconds on this.’ But then some dinosaur spends 25 seconds spouting shite, and you’re left with five seconds to respond.”

I thought it was interesting to see how much of the debate is framed by the Ferdinands and Keanes of the world spouting “in my day we did this” and how much is framed by producers whose first priority is to make sure the debate runs to time. It also explains why in some cases people spouting shite don’t get pulled up as often as they should.
likes to give full explanations that take time

I think you'll find we've been self-sufficient longer than 2/3 years ago. IIRC since 2014, and maybe before. Though I'm happy to be corrected. It's certainly longer than 2/3 years!
That's correct mate. 7 years self sufficient and in profit and still Delooney tweeted the other day that we have the benefit of Abu Dhabi's billions. Yet the agenda and perception have been set so that if you try and correct an ignorant and deluded rag, dipper, etc. they simply call BS.

Its just a matter of difference in business model. Rags, Dippers and ourselves have more or less the same turnover. We spend ours on players. Our players wage bill is about the same as theirs, but individually, our players earn somewhat less than at those clubs. We spread the wages amongst a deeper squad i.e. higher quality 'second string'.
We achieve this by avoiding very expensive galacticos. Compare cost and ages: e.g. Dias vs VVD, Slabhead: all our midfielders vs Pogbad: Eddie vs Alison, De Gea etc etc. Think of all the players we have bypassed as being too expensive: Alexis, Koulibali, Fred, Slabhead etc. I would wager we will not pursue Haarland unless both his agent and Dortmund demand sensible terms.
Secondly, we are not saddled with greedy owners or enormous debt interest as rags are. Not sure about Dippers current situation but you can be sure their owners will want their pound of flesh rather than a deeper squad.
It has been our policy for many years now to buy young, apply the very best in coaching and build a deep squad by improving good players to be excellent.(see zinch). In this compressed season, our enhanced ability to rotate is sending the dippers crying into their beer on the treatment table.
In summary, we are just better managed with the medium term in mind, not just one season.
On top of that we have a brilliant coach.
Pep's successor will need a proven track record of coaching younger players up the ranks.

Last edited:
Did anyone ask him why nobody has asked about their 'luck' with lack of injuries in the previous 2 seasons where they played the same players, over and over again? It's almost as if something has caught up to them and I'm not talking karma.
I was amazed Klopp started the same XI yesterday as he did midweek. Talk about running your players into the ground. Injuries at the back yes but he never seems to give the front three a rest either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.