Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, here's the goal post moving festering pile of shite.....

Utter tosh from the spit master. Rival club fanboy setting unrealistic targets and spreading lies. City is a beast of a club and we will not go quietly into the night. Dippers are a pathetic bunch.

Our bad start to the season makes what's hapening now feel even better.

Back then, after we lost from Spurs, or after our draw with WBA, they were writing us off and were thinking that the wheels were finally coming off, that Pep was tired or found out, that we were going to rebuild for years before finding the next Kompany, the next Fernandinho, the next David Silva, the next Aguero... They were predicting a comfortable Liverpool win or even better:
at our lowest point in the season what were the longest odds given on us winning the title ? 4/1 ? 5/1 ?

“Look at their bench” and “squad depth” are the two phrases I hear repeatedly ad nauseum.

Yet, both Liverpool and Utd have greater wage bills.

All teams can only name a squad of a set size. We’ve chosen to build a balanced squad over a number of years, paying sizeable transfers but not the top end fees both Liverpool and Utd have made, whilst avoiding costly errors like Sanchez.

And this allows us to contemplate a quadruple. Being involved in more comps gives us more opportunity to give all squad members ample game time. And you have to be in it to win it.

Michael Jordan in the Netflix doc echoes this same thought, telling his teammates “ to maintain dominance over our opponent, we must deny them opportunities to gain confidence”.

That’s what this Pep squad does. We take the Carabao Cup seriously because it denies others the chance to make their season look acceptable. Similarly, in each individual game, we treat the ball as ours to again prevent opposition from getting confidence.

The longer the others fail to grasp what we are quite openly doing the better.

Last edited:
Love this mr hairdoo. I especially like “They thought this was as bad as it could get with City.” And “A new footballing Spring.”

Now, IF we can sign Haaland and Messi, despite my personal feelings on the latter, just try and imagine the fear, the loathing, and the sense of utter dejection in the boardrooms of Old TRafford, Anfield, Madrid, and Munich.

That would be City set fair for the next few years at a time when the rest of the old money elite are forced to tighten belts.

Couple the above with increased commercial revenue from being champions and having the most famous footballer in the world on our books and it isn’t without foundation to believe that by 2030 MCFC may very well be the richest, the most powerful, and the most successful football club in the history of the world.
If so, by 2030 united fans harking back to the success of the 90s and early 00s Would be the equivalent of Preston fans reminiscing with dewy eyes about the glory days of the 50s. Or put more simply, they would be even more of an irrelevance than they are today.

The future is coming at a rate of knots and it seems that only City are prepared for it. Only City have been preparing for it and more than any other only City will truly benefit from it.

The next 10 years could well make the last 10 years look like a relegation battle.

Glorious.
Agreed. The only potential stumbling block for us will be when we have to replace Pep in 2022. Another decade of success would undermine the softer overseas element of the Rags' fanbase. City are ahead of the curve with our business model for football. Our rivals have been very complacent. The more they repeat the false narrative that we are just being "bankrolled by a state" the worse it will get for them.

“Look at their bench” and “squad depth” are the two phrases I hear repeatedly ad nauseum.

Yet, both Liverpool and Utd have greater wage bills.

All teams can only name a squad of a set size. We’ve chosen to build a balanced squad over a number of years, paying sizeable transfers but not the top end fees both Liverpool and Utd have made, whilst avoiding costly errors like Sanchez.

And this allows us to contemplate a quadruple. Being involved in more comps gives us more opportunity to give all squad members ample game time. And you have to be in it to win it.

Michael Jordan in the Netflix doc echoes this same thought, telling his teammates “ to maintain dominance over our opponent, we must deny them opportunities to gain confidence”.

That’s what this Peo squad does. We take the Carabao Cup seriously because it denies others the chance to make their season look acceptable. Similarly, in each individual game, we treat the ball as ours to again prevent opposition from getting confidence.

The longer the others fail to grasp what we are quite openly doing the better.
That's a cracking post, and I love the Last Dance reference. It is absolutely what we are doing.

The money references will always be there, as that's how we've got to the position to do what we are doing, and have done the last decade. It's lazy at best, but I can accept it for what it is.

The educated fan will of course see what you have brilliantly referred to in your post, but jealousy/tribalism may or may not allow them to communicate their views publicly and so what we get is oil money this, we bought the league that. So they do grasp it I would imagine, but choose the lazy option to get a dig in.

By the way, that is one of the single most brilliant pieces of telly i've watched in a long, long time.

Needs to be read by as many people as possible.

F365 is usually a good read (Jon Nicholson aside). Sarah Winterburn's two pieces on City today were decent.

It's hilarious to read the comments under the articles. Piss being boiled in industrial sized vats.
Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa love that Roy !! Wonderful mate. ;)

Yep, here's the goal post moving festering pile of shite.....

I love it when the Salty Spitty Scouser raises the bar for our team, it’s extra motivation for our club, he’s that thick he carries on doing it, every target he sets out we smash through with a couple of records in tow, I can’t wait to win the CL & Pep to dedicate the win to the phlegmy prick

You could have the best 11 on the pitch and the best bench in the world. But the champions league is a knockout competition. If the ref goes against you, if VAR goes against, if the opposition keeper has a worldie, you could be knocked out.

Fuck me liverpool must have been the luckiest winners ever the last time they won it. They played in the worse final I have every seen, bloody awful standard of football v spurs. Lost about 4 matches getting to the final ( I think ). Utter shit of a final and an embarrassment to the standard of the premier league. Both liverpool and spurs had shit loads of help to get to that final

All this crap about the champions league, going by the pundits, the premier league winners should win the league and fa cup ever year. As they are the best in the league ! How often does the premier league winner do the treble ?

We all know City are a tremendous team because the press/media keep moving the goal posts, have ti win back to back, done, domestic treble, done, now City have do the treble again and win the champions league to be a great team. Just piss off ! the press/media should be falling over City , best team every , breaking records for fun, run without dept, puts millions into East Manchester.
But the two red teams cant do anything wrong their owners take millions out every year , both have old crapy grounds, both have dept, both dont do anything for their communities.

I really hate most of the press/media in England.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.