Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really??

All I honestly see is a hand on a shoulder, and a dive as there's a very, very slight touch of a foot on a calf as Jesus attempts to jump over his legs to avoid contact.

I'm truly staggered that the consensus is penalty and stupid challenge.

It's about as much of a penalty as Salah's against us and two (or possibly all three) of Leicester's against us for me.

Can't stand all this "modern penalty" bullshit, it's going down when the contact hasn't forced you to go down, which for me is a DIVE and a CHEAT.

Ho-hum.
Unfortunately mate that was one of Alty Anthony's easier decisions. It was a naive challenge at best which didn't need to be made. Jesus made contact first on Martial's foot and then on his calf. It was no dive (for a change) and to be honest there was no debate either. It didn't need VAR to review that one.

I'd like to see the stirling incident again for the none penalty
Don't hold your breath! Fred ran in to him and stopped him from getting to the ball. End of the day, we didn't deserve anything. No movement off the ball and the amount of times there was only one option for the pass for the man in possession was really suprising. Easily put right, it just suprises me why he cant spot it during a game and put it right.
Obviously, I'm more experienced that him at this, so I will let him off - this time.

Don't hold your breath! Fred ran in to him and stopped him from getting to the ball. End of the day, we didn't deserve anything. No movement off the ball and the amount of times there was only one option for the pass for the man in possession was really suprising. Easily put right, it just suprises me why he cant spot it during a game and put it right.
Obviously, I'm more experienced that him at this, so I will let him off - this time.
This argument of "deserving" is a strange one. Martial got a penalty because the rags started quickly, Jesus lost the ball, reacted furiously and didn't tackle him but pulled him and clattered his leg. It was a penalty but it's hard to see what United or Martial had done to "deserve" in the 34 seconds of the game up to that point. Similarly with Fred on Sterling City might not have "deserved" a penalty for the quality of our play up to that point but it was the block on Raheem that should have given us the penalty and nothing else. You don't have either to "earn" a penalty or "deserve" one.

This argument of "deserving" is a strange one. Martial got a penalty because the rags started quickly, Jesus lost the ball, reacted furiously and didn't tackle him but pulled him and clattered his leg. It was a penalty but it's hard to see what United or Martial had done to "deserve" in the 34 seconds of the game up to that point. Similarly with Fred on Sterling City might not have "deserved" a penalty for the quality of our play up to that point but it was the block on Raheem that should have given us the penalty and nothing else. You don't have either to "earn" a penalty or "deserve" one.
I know what you're saying. I don't think any side that conceeds 70% possession against us deserves anything. I just think we were so far off our best we couldn't expect much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.