Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Joleon Lescott, Joe Hart and even Rio along with Lineker were absolutely purring about City last night.
The written media may be different and still follow their own particular agendas, but last night on TV I thought it was very pro-City and how could it not be.

Not that I want to be fair to Rio, but he held his hands up and basically said, listen I’m a United fan, everyone knows it, but he loves watching this City team that Pep has built and was purring about several performances but none morseo than Phil.

I don’t always warm to Joe Hart’s commentary on us but thought he defended the club and our history, our fans, 30,000 in the third division, etc., without sounding defensive. He got the tone spot on and kept a level head saying City are not a club happy to just arrive in these finals. We want to win them.
I was impressed in what seemed an ambassadorial role he took on.

Joleon just couldn’t keep the smile off his face. All four were purring about City this season and what we have achieved with the style we have achieved it.

I switched over to RTE over here later last night and we were getting pretty much the same praise from Damian Duff and Richie Sadler.

The media can say what they like about off the field politics and basically any objective support must have seen from recent events whether they like us or not, that we are not the problem.
But on the field, when they’ve had their customary jibes about cost and money, it is all about the quality of the play. The best football the PL had seen and if we can pull it off in one more game, possibly one of the greatest CL teams ever also.

Last edited:
I don't believe for a minute that Ferguson was involved in any sort of team talk for the PSG players. He's good mates with Pochettino by all accounts so was probably saying hello to him. Pochettino knew all about City's strengths and weaknesses, he's not some fucking conference manager
Yeah same here tbh. But SAF didn't come to us, he didn't go see Pep, in fact I don't even think he acknowledges Peps pedigree (I haven't seen it anyway) but he hates us with a passion obviously, we're destroying his legacy, but that's besides the point

I thought Jolson Lescott, Joe Hart and even Rio along with Lineker were absolutely purring about City last night.
The written media may be different and still follow their own particular agendas, but last night on TV I thought it was very pro-City and how could it not be.

Not that I want to be fair to Rio, but he held his hands up and basically said, listen I’m a United fan, everyone knows it, but he loves watching this City team that Pep has built and was purring about several performances but none morseo than Phil.

I don’t always warm to Joe Hart’s commentary on us but thought he defended the club and our history, our fans, 30,000 in the third division, etc., without sounding defensive. He got the tone spot on and kept a level head saying City are not a club happy to just arrive in these finals. We want to win them.
I was impressed in what seemed an ambassadorial role he took on.

Joleon just couldn’t keep the smile off his face. All four were purring about City this season and what we have achieved with the style we have achieved it.

I switched over to RTE over here later last night and we were getting pretty much the same praise from Damian Duff and Richie Sadler.

The media can say what they like about off the field politics and basically any objective support must have seen from recent events whether they like us or not, that we are not the problem.
But on the field, when they’ve had their customary jibes about cost and money, it is all about the quality of the play. The best football the PL had seen and if we can pull it off in one more game, possibly one of the greatest CL teams ever also.
The tide has turned imo. Mucjh more positive coverage once we have our ex players on as pundits. Imagine last night with macdickhead and Darke and then cut to G Nev and Carragher.... makes me shiver

Just had a quick look at the football pages on the newspapers' websites. Seems that 15 hours after the match finished the Mirror have forgotten it happened completely.

Just had a quick look at the football pages on the newspapers' websites. Seems that 15 hours after the match finished the Mirror have forgotten it happened completely.
Spread your net wider. Loads of pieces on Guardian and Times websites. Good, insightful ones, too. Won't get interesting pieces from the Mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.