Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all say that though, all the time, and I find it highly irritating. For example the commentator on Sky Germany talked about our owners "unlimited resources" when they showed the Everton game on Sunday.
I doubt Sky Germany have a special agenda, except promoting the German couches/players in the Premier League, they are probably just repeating it like brainless parrots, and it shows how the brainwash organised by the Cartel has worked to an extent.
Fact is that FFP does ensure that we cannot benefit from the "unlimited resources" of our owner, yet they make it sound as if he personally finances the whole thing.
I hope we win the CL come Saturday !
Bayern Munich despise us remember

Where would people go in Cheetham Hill for Italian ice cream?
I knew Conn's father, Phillip, for a while and l liked him. He was a very jolly round man and the complete opposite twist l know of his son. He was a keen Bolton fan and was at Burnden when just after WW2.
As KS55 says you painted a familiar picture of life after the war but what about the Coop? Were you never sent on errands? I can remember many a dangerous mission to our local coop clutching the shopping list, ration book, 'divi' book and the cash. I joke about 'dangerous'. There was never anything for parents to worry about.
Ah, the co-op!
Where I lived in the 50s, the co-op dominated our high street with a butcher, a grocer, a greengrocer, a furniture store and a shoe shop. They even ran the local sub post office. Not to mention the many locals who had funeral plans with them. What an opportnity they had and let it slip through their fingers. Some people still remember their divi number; ours started 126, but I've forgotten the rest.

They all say that though, all the time, and I find it highly irritating. For example the commentator on Sky Germany talked about our owners "unlimited resources" when they showed the Everton game on Sunday.
I doubt Sky Germany have a special agenda, except promoting the German couches/players in the Premier League, they are probably just repeating it like brainless parrots, and it shows how the brainwash organised by the Cartel has worked to an extent.
Fact is that FFP does ensure that we cannot benefit from the "unlimited resources" of our owner, yet they make it sound as if he personally finances the whole thing.
I hope we win the CL come Saturday
Yeah, the "unlimited resources" bollocks get's on my thrupennies too...

They always fail to mention that under FFP, regardless of how rich our owners are, we are limited what we can spend - they also fail to mention, that due to their turnovers, the Rags and Dippers could easily outspend us - and often do!!!

From The Ringer :

"Given the abundance of resources at Pep Guardiola’s disposal, it is sometimes difficult to assess the quality of his work"

I sometimes wonder what planet these people live on.

Can you imagine saying the same thing about people at the top of any other profession?

"That Gordon Ramsay, it's no wonder he gets michelin stars when he's got a state of the art kitchen, sous chefs to prepare everything and gets the best quality ingredients money can buy. Anyone with those resources could turn out top quality meals. I'd like to see how well he did running a transport cafe on the East Lancs Road getting all his supplies from Costco. Then we'd see if he can cook or not."

I sometimes wonder what planet these people live on.

Can you imagine saying the same thing about people at the top of any other profession?

"That Gordon Ramsay, it's no wonder he gets michelin stars when he's got a state of the art kitchen, sous chefs to prepare everything and gets the best quality ingredients money can buy. Anyone with those resources could turn out top quality meals. I'd like to see how well he did running a transport cafe on the East Lancs Road getting all his supplies from Costco. Then we'd see if he can cook or not."
I truly believe in the history of sports teams that have acquired new owners that there has been no other team in football or otherwise who have been as ridiculed/written off as we were in the first instance, sanctioned/under constant scrutiny once we became competitive in the second instance and any achievements or titles either ignored/downplayed/explained in the third instance.

It really is a weird, bitter & twisted world we live in.

F*ck em!

Yeah, the "unlimited resources" bollocks get's on my thrupennies too...

They always fail to mention that under FFP, regardless of how rich our owners are, we are limited what we can spend - they also fail to mention, that due to their turnovers, the Rags and Dippers could easily outspend us - and often do!!!

It's been proven that all the top players get the fabled second Dubai wage. Don't ask me how I know, but it is 100% fact. Scott Carson gets at least 80k a week.

The narrative has been repeated so often, you still hear shite like this.

The trouble is, that is only half true.
1. You do not know when your income streams are affected. When a third party makes a decision not to deal with you because they believe the crap, most of the time you never hear of it. That is why you should not sit back and let it happen. The correct course is to head it off at the pass.
2. City spend little effort in reputation and issues management.
3. City are averse to litigation.
I think our owner has had much more racial abuse than any of us and in his day job he invests AD dollars world wide in most countries and most sectors of commerce and industry.

Certainly we as City supporters want those who hate and write lies etc. against us sorting out good and quick but our owners prefer a different approach.

You may be right but do you honestly think our owners are not capable of handling the abuse they continue to suffer in the way they prefer to do it?

Last night scrolling through TV channels looking for something to watch... on Sky One - "The United Way", a few channels down "Busby" and just now, Talkshite advertising a new documentary on Sky tonight about George Best... ffs - it's like a constant PR campaign for them!

It is but it 's getting more and more historic and not having the effect they think it is. Any youngster looking at this propaganda only views it in the same way we do when looking at black and white footage of Nat Lofthouse or Stanley Matthews.

Look at it from Conn's point of view. He has a well paid job which usually involves a degree of originality yet he gets well paid and many column inches writing the same story different ways. Other journalists on national newspapers must shake their heads in disbelief when they have to do the hard miles looking for a new story. Did they have old rope shops in Cheetham Hill and Prestwich in the 60s, because if they did he must have bought it all.

funny he never writes an in-depth article about Chelsea’s owner hey! Maybe he is worried he might end up in a ditch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.