Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie Jackson in The Guardian begging the rags to offer Spurs £200M and giving Kane £400,000 a week so he doesn't join us. Pure desperation
Paradise always made me laugh in the days I used to listen to talkragshite.

Ask Mr P the Manchester football correspondent anything on the rags and he'd babble on forever turning anything into a silk purse, when commenting on us it was err......err.....err....

Wanker.

No! No! It was that clown who calls himself the Terrace Poet. He told a serious programme on Radio 4 that it just came to him about 'Eric the King' whilst in the Bishop Blaize.
It's a bit scary how City fans had travelled back about 30 years and sang it retrospectively to King Colin.
Either that or that twat (Pete?) Is a lying piece of rag shit.
Boyle….not heard from him since us Bridge Blues kicked fuck out of him and his coach of backing singers on Watford Gap services

Boyle….not heard from him since us Bridge Blues kicked fuck out of him and his coach of backing singers on Watford Gap services
That's the one. The programme was about football chants in a series about words. The were a couple of female linguist types, Boyle and Hunter Davies. Davies must have known Boyle was talking bollocks but l suppose he couldn't really have said anything on air.
No mention of nursery rhymes of course.

Well maybe I've got it totally wrong re these negative stories leading up to the final. It's because there are no stories full stop, 48 hours to kick off and the 'ignore city' narrative seems to have taken hold. They're still in bits over the rags dismal effort to even notice the much bigger game is on Saturday night

That's the one. The programme was about football chants in a series about words. The were a couple of female linguist types, Boyle and Hunter Davies. Davies must have known Boyle was talking bollocks but l suppose he couldn't really have said anything on air.
No mention of nursery rhymes of course.
I didn't hear the programme but from what you have said I will nearly guarantee Davies knew Boyle is a spoofer.

The evolution and transmogrification of nursery rhymes is a serious branch of study amongst folklorists. Characterising Boyle's contributions (eg Knick-knack, being one he has laid claim to inventing, if I am not mistaken) as part of that tradition would have leant them a certain gravitas.

Davies probably wouldn't identify himself as a folklorist but I'll bet my last penny that any man whose first novel was called, "Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush" will be keenly aware of the place of nursery rhymes in a modern context.

He may have overlooked the connection but given his background and undoubted intelligence, I strongly suspect that it is reasonable to assume that he deliberately chose not to make the connection.

(Incidentally, Davies' late wife, the very talented, Margaret Foster, wrote, "Gregory's Girl").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.