Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love grealish and kane in and wouldnt lose much sleep to lose a few of the current squad
Same here. I would rather keep pep for 10 more seasons brainfarts included. The squad needs a refresh. The club should actively try and sell a few who have served us well but now need to move on. It’s not shiny new toy syndrome but a realisation that for a multitude of reasons some players are not hitting the previous high standards.

I seem to remember commentators in other games explaining that the ref waited until he learned the extent of a players injury before deciding whether to hand out a red or yellow card. Nothing said about the undue haste to hand out a yellow on this occasion. We also had idiot Clattenburg saying the penalty we were refused was not comparable to the one awarded against Spurs in their final because his hand was by his side. If I remember correctly, the ball was aimed at the player from barely a couple of feet away and the Spurs defender had no chance of avoiding it. If the penalty claim had been against us, you can bet there would have relentless coverage of the offence from every conceivable angle.
No complaints about the result, just amazed that so many blues were happy with the shit show produced by the ref.
Thanks I'd forgotten about the Dippers penalty against Spuds.
Ridiculous how hand balls are interpreted.

Needs looking at, it either is or it isn't.

If thats the case, get them sold then. Get who we want in and continue to move forwards

No time for sentiment. Sterling doesn't offer what is required on the wing anymore, the tactics we face with the low block make him useless

Gabby hasn't kicked on anyway and wont get us the 25 plus goals we need season in season out. Its a shame but it hasn't worked out in the way we thought it would

Laporte did that interview where he said he was happy at City but would have to address options in regards to playing time - that made him a shoe-in for one of the players reported to be unhappy.
Disappointed as you want a CB like Laporte to step up to the challenge, but he seems to have not been up for it after Dias arrived and made a difference to not just the team but on Stones as well - so if he doesnt want the challenge to force his way in he can go as well
Spot-on. To be fair to Pep he has always said that if players don't want to play for City then they are free to leave. I have always believed that. We don't need to beg people to play for us any more. Those days are over. The key thing is to get them out quickly and replaced by hungrier ones.
Sterling, Jesus, and Laporte have all provided great service to the club but if they are not ready for a new challenge then they can move on. I would genuinely wish them well.

Keeping the players happy must be like plate spinning for a manager, I'm surprised he's kept so many happy for so long and as for the ones that aren't happy - get better and you'll be in the first team.
He has indicated something similar in a few interviews.
His comments in the interview with Ferdinand were also telling where he asked him about the number of titles he had won and whether squad was the same for all six. To keep at the top you have to keep evolving so that means you should be replacing 2 or 3 players each year. Look at how many of the 17/18 squad are no longer here. The trick is to make the change as seamless as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.