Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
From today’s BBC website coverage:

14:24

Post update​

Brentford 0-1 Aston Villa
Brentford are clocking up more zeros than Jack Grealish's price tag.
Zero goals, zero shots, zero offsides, zero corners.

Clear and obvious agenda.
And its mathematically incorrect. So thick as fuck as well as biased. Usual combo.

I don't watch rugby, but from what you appear to be saying, if the ref doesn't think he's made a mistake in the first place, no-one can point out that he's made an error as he has to ask VAR to get involved?
It's not like that in rugby. They tend to award/not award a try then ask the TMO to check offside, grounding, etc. just to make sure they haven't got something wrong.

Despite BT skewed version of events , the general concensus in the media is Bernardo's was a penalty and the Ederson incident a 50/50 , which maintains VAR's role in the game , if the referee makes a clear and obvious error then the referee is recommended to review the incident on the monitor.
Doesnt appear to be rocket science , but if you have a self interest where as you want a competitive title race and not a procession then the likes of Humphreys , Ferdiknobhead , Keown and all the spoilt brat Tarquins who can only half fill their stadium , then their campaign for "justice for the Goon ten" only serves as light entertainment , because we are going to have the last laugh in May.

That’s fair comment, but I reserve the right to push back against the seemingly relentless Americanisation of our native spelling, especially on this board.
Had to laugh at an Irish podcast where the panel were annoyed at the growing number of Irish pundits who used English slang rather than proper English, and then went on to discuss if the Premier League was still a tree horse race.

Incidents I have seen in rugby the referee will ask VAR ( ref miked up) to have look at an incident such as a try. VAR then give their opinion, then the referee will look at the monitor and make is own decision, even if it means going against VAR. In the premier league once VAR as asked the referee to look at the incident again everyone knows the ref is going along with VAR. I think everyone agrees some of the decisions given by VAR are an absolute joke. I think the big decisions were correct yesterday, but on the possible Arsenal penalty if the ref was fitted with a mike and said to VAR just going to have another look at that, he then goes to the monitor and says don't think is was a penalty or I think it was. Then everybody would know what was going on and it would be the referee making the decision. If we could trust the on field ref to make the right decision is another matter.
The referee is in contact with both VAR, his assistants and the 4th official. Him going to have a look at the Arsenal penalty on the monitor wasn't necessary because VAR presumably told him there was no decisive footage. Yesterday the media reported that 'VAR had overturned' Atwell's decision on the Silva penalty, they didn't, Atwell overturned his decision based on seeing something he'd not seen first time. If Atwell had told VAR he'd seen the shirt tug but thought there was nothing in it there would have been no review. It sounds like I'm flying the VAR flag, but I'm not, I'd bin it and go back to referees refereeing and linesmen sticking their flag up the minute someone's deemed offside.

Despite BT skewed version of events , the general concensus in the media is Bernardo's was a penalty and the Ederson incident a 50/50 , which maintains VAR's role in the game , if the referee makes a clear and obvious error then the referee is recommended to review the incident on the monitor.
Doesnt appear to be rocket science , but if you have a self interest where as you want a competitive title race and not a procession then the likes of Humphreys , Ferdiknobhead , Keown and all the spoilt brat Tarquins who can only half fill their stadium , then their campaign for "justice for the Goon ten" only serves as light entertainment , because we are going to have the last laugh in May.

Was just going to say the same, 99% including ex arsenal players saying it’s a pen for Bernardo. Then there’s the Ederson one, 33% saying pen, 33% saying no pen & 33% saying not sure.
To split the two decisions is the exact purpose of the VAR. Three angles of the Ederson incident, one looks like a foul, one line he’s won the ball and the other inconclusive.
Bernardo is just straight up fouled..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.