Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is English tbf, from the north east iirc but pretends to support some minor Scottish team.
He is a true hack in the worst sense of the word, writes whatever for whoever as long as it is precisely what they want. And in this case an Irish newspaper will always want City hatchet jobs to play to their predominantly redshirt readership.
Nicolson occasionally pollutes the otherwise decent Football365 where he has previous
Boro fan I think.

The DT this morning suggests that the 'breathless classic' from yesterday 'delights Pep'! I should imagine Pep doesn't give a flying fuck. I couldn't be arsed reading the actual report as I suspect the hack would suggest that CFC 'n The Dippers are awarded a further six points each for such 'breathless classicism'!
They say breathless classic, I say two managers who aren't tactically astute, can't control a game and simply rely on outscoring the opposition.

The basics of footie are, 'keep the ball, pass the ball.' If you do, you have a better chance of winning as the opponent doesn't have the ball.

Not the most difficult of concepts, but only a select few, if not one, manager(s) can implement it.

It was weird after yesterday’s wacky races the two teams players and management all went on about how entertaining the game was and this was picked up by the media elevating 90 minutes full of mistakes to the greatest game of the season.

They know the game is up and are going to now push a boring City narrative.

All a bit embarrassing for them really.
Yeah I noticed that, massive smiles on all the sly sports faces and extoling the virtue of the greatest game of the season, complete bunch of gits

What's annoyed me about the media whingeing about the penalty incidents is the lack of understanding of how VAR is supposed to work. It's supposed to draw the referee's attention to a "clear and obvious error".

For the Ederson/Odergaard incident, the replays were very inconclusive and therefore it wasn't a "clear and obvious error". Had Attwell given it as a penalty, it most likely wouldn't have been overturned, as (again) it wasn't a "clear and obvious error". None of the twats appear to understand this, making them either totally thick or totally biased. It wasn't Attwell's choice to go to the screen or not, it was Moss who made that decision.

Bernardo, on the other hand, was clearly caught by Xhaka. In the ground, we all saw that and were astounded it hadn't been given. I didn't see the shirt pull at all but that was completely irrelevant. What is relevant was that Bernie was tripped and the ref missed that, which was a "clear and obvious error".
Exactly why Ramsdale's quotes about Atwell not going to the monitor should not have given the coverage they were

SJIAC, TS had a call from a City fan discussing Rodri incitement of the Arsenal fans. SJ says that we wouldn't experience this as City don't fill their ground. Think the Blue was caught off guard but I like to think that I would have called him a childish ****
I reckon an estimate of 15k empty seats on Saturday would be being kind to Arsenal

Piece from Jonny Nicholson Irish Examminer think it's called?

When winning becomes boring

Manchester City moving 11 points head after their win (10 after the Chelsea v Liverpool draw) was bad for the Premier League and bad for everyone who isn’t a City fan. To have the season sewn up in the first days of the new year is, to say the least, disappointing. Football is about competition.

When it is a cakewalk for any team, it makes it all feel a bit pointless. When it is the same team that has won in three out of the last four seasons, even more so. As fantastic as their football often objectively is, it leaves people cold. It has the soulless ice of technical drawing and lacks the warmth created in struggle. The City sportswashing project has been 100% successful, their wealth so entrenched now, and so unquestioned, that I feel we should ignore them as much as possible and try to pretend they don’t exist. Everything will be far more enjoyable that way.

I remember similar articles from Jonny Nicholson around the 2019 & 2020 new years.

"Liverpool moving 10 points ahead after their 5-1 win vs Arsenal was bad for the Premier League and bad for everyone who isn't a Liverpool fan. To have the season sewn up just before the the turn of the new year is, to say the least, disappointing. Football is about competition."

"Liverpool moving 13 points clear (with a game in hand) was bad for the Premier League and bad for everyone who isn't a Liverpool fan. To have the season sewn up in the first days of the new year is, to say the least, disappointing. Football is about competition."

Oh wait, no, I just made those up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.