Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do the same but the “loads of streams” may be true but it is often followed up by people saying “I missed the last 5 mins as my stream broke etc”. That’s the problem unless there is one out there that has reliable pictures
VPNs, iptv or ask around your mates/local pub if anyone is doing Firesticks etc.

It was weird after yesterday’s wacky races the two teams players and management all went on about how entertaining the game was and this was picked up by the media elevating 90 minutes full of mistakes to the greatest game of the season.

They know the game is up and are going to now push a boring City narrative.

All a bit embarrassing for them really.
For the greatest game of the season the defending was embarrassing. It seemed like a panic stricken attempt by both teams to remain relevant in the title race.

Are we considered a great team yet? I remember vividly when after smashing the league in 17/18 with a record points tally that all and sundry (led by that criminal cheerleader Neville) declared we had to win it again to be considered a great team.

The next year we went toe to toe with the dippers, who by all accounts were a great team and clawed back a deficit by winning our last 14 games to beat them to the title by a point on the last day. An historic treble (domestic quadruple) took place a week later and the first question asked after this monumental feat was actually an accusation that Pep had taken bungs.
Still no declaration of greatness as dippers won the chumps league and everyone in the media declared that they also deserved a trophy for almost winning the league as well as they are so great.

The next season the media got their wish. The introduction of var, the continued use of Ventolin and a below par year filled with injuries, loss of form and questionable var decisions against us put paid to our title challenge quite early in the competition. Cue the celebrations in an empty stadium, the documentary’s a plenty and an all round smug feeling at Sky, BT, BBC etc as they were once again declared a great team and the Rags had turned another corner.

The next year as a wave of pundits predicted our demise under the waking of the two red giants they seemed justified as we started badly and the titanic struggle looked on. But as the Rags flagged and the dippers lost VVD and the short term benefits of Ventolin it seemed, we came from nowhere to blow them all away. Still it was all about how the dippers had suffered with injury and how the Rags just needed one or two signings to make the title theirs. The fact that the only game we didn’t compete in was the FA cup final was irrelevant to them. Next year would be different.

On to this year. Renewed optimism was abound as the Rags had snatched Ronaldo from City’s grasp, the dippers were back to full strength and Chelsea who had already stopped City (who had also failed to sign Sir Harry of Nasalshire) in the Champions League could go one better and beat them to the title. All seemed in place once again and the media were beside themselves predicting another titanic battle, but this time Chelsea had joined the two red giants in a fight for the ages. But as they all faltered once again City emerged as the clear favourites and sailed into a ten point lead.

The media’s heart sank yet again. Fury and bitterness ensued. This team wasn’t great. This team was unfair. This team were cheats. This team got all the decisions. Something must be done.

Fucking arseholes the lot of em.

You are absolutely right with this comment. I am a Guardian reader but they have become unbearably smug on a number of issues of late. I rarely click on any of their sports comments or reports anymore, occasionally will read a City match report but only if it's an away game as otherwise it's written by Jackson. Genuinely believe one of my whippets can write better than him. Can't remember when I last read anything by Ronay, he writes the same nonsense about us all the time.

I always wonder how you can trust them with stories on the front pages when they can't even tell the truth on the back page.

One thing for sure, if we were 10 points behind the Dippers/Chelsea and we still had to play them, there would be no talk of the title being over from Pep or anyone at City. Over the last 10 years we've seen big points leads overturned in the last half of the season. It's all about a strong mentality to keep fighting and not looking for excuses when points are dropped.
Were City not 5/6 points behind Nov/early December?

I always wonder how you can trust them with stories on the front pages when they can't even tell the truth on the back page.
Politically I like the Guardian, and they have some excellent writers such as John Harris.
For sports, forget it, I would never go near them. For me it’s easy to divorce the 2 aspects bear no relation for me.
Another example: best sports journalist bar none, and not just on City but on all sports, writes for the Daily Mail (Martin Samuel), yet apart from their sports, I would never touch the rest of their paper, esp the politics. I could also use the BBC as an example, although for them, it’s just their football rather than the whole sports output that I would single out.
My other gripe re the bbc Is when their online football produces something out of order re City and someone on here decided to link it to Jimmy Saville from 30/40 years ago ffs (‘what do you expect from the bbc?’, ‘defund the bbc’ etc etc).

edit. Sorry, rant over ;-)

So when the Rags in 90's and Dippers in the 80's dominated english football there wasnt any mention of the league becoming boring , it was because they were great clubs with great managers ,not forgetting the Dippers fortunes turned around with millions of Littelwoods money probably on a par with our investment from ADUG/Sheik Mansour

The media liked the status quo , two clubs and the Goons battling for trophies , but all of them dominating for a period similar to ours , so why is our success not revered ? The answer unfortunately is a basic form of racism , they dont like where our owners are from and the Yank owners of these clubs are the main protaganists , when the Premier league looks at a fit and proper ownership of clubs maybe they should direct their suspicions at owners who rape their clubs profits annually and are sponsored by proven terrorist money laundering finanicial institutions.

Our owners and sponsors in comparison are squeaky clean compared to the Yank business model , but we all know the media will not bite the hand that feeds them , the whole media world lacks any integrity it is controlled by money and our football club hasnt a chance of changing it .We will have to accept being the best around but getting zero recognition and deal with the hatred , a small price to pay for the football dreamland i am currently witnessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.