Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

We OWN this game now. And they know it and it’s killing them. It wasnt supposed to be like this. We were supposed to buy a bunch of mercenaries, managed by a fool, and then noisily disappear back into nothingness after a few years howling at the moon. In short, we were supposed to be a direct message to other non sky-4 clubs to never get ideas above their station, to know their place as fodder to the history boys.

Instead our owner turned out to be a humble genius who appointed a bona fide Godfather as chairman, ably assisted by Ferran and Txiki, who between them eventually lured the best manager of the last 50 years to these shores to manage us. And in said manager‘s own words he “destroyed the game in England”.

I bloody adore this club. We are blessed by God.

Just listened to some of this. Who was that tool called Chris that was arguing with Micah about how much we have spent?
It was Sutton, playing devils advocate and exposing himself as thicker than a whale omelette.
Adam Crafton was surprisingly positive about us and dismissive of the ‘ruining competition’ myth for a red who writes for the Athletic

I'm just listening to the Monday Night Club on 5live and one of the topics they will cover is are we too dominant.
Micah is on so hopefully he'll fight our corner.

Just listened to some of this. Who was that tool called Chris that was arguing with Micah about how much we have spent?

It was Sutton, playing devils advocate and exposing himself as thicker than a whale omelette.
Adam Crafton was surprisingly positive about us and dismissive of the ‘ruining competition’ myth for a red who writes for the Athletic

So I just listened to this...

It was a quiet weekend and I think this whole segment stank of some producer trying to force a debate.

You had Adam Crafton, no fan of City, and Chapman, a United fan defending City. Micah tried but sounds lost whenever this kind of debate happens, and Sutton was doing his 606 schtick of saying something stupid and then just repeating his point ("I don't feel sorry for Manchester City.Look how much money they've spent") when everyone else said "No one is claiming we should feel sorry for them, besides, everyone has spent money and they're using it much better than everyone else."

And then he replies "I'm not going to feel sorry for them...".

And around it goes for a few minutes of pain. Normally Rory Smith cuts across Sutton and kills the debate by calmly explaining he's arguing against a straw man.

You could tell none of them really cared, so I assume it was dreamt up in some production meeting when they realised there wasn't much to talk about in the second half of the show after doing Benitez/Everton.

It's a shame they do this kind of stuff every few weeks about some hot topic, trying to set up a fake debate because the strength of the program is the interaction between the 4 hosts. It's never going to be a serious platform for Debate with Micah and Sutton taking up half the show.

If they want to do long debates they need to get people like Pat Nevin and Nedum, who can argue something coherently.

Last edited:
Are we boring or are we just the next iteration of total football? Personally, and I know I may be a little biased, I happen to think the latter. Most people who watch a game that are not affiliated to our club watch us on the TV which only ever shows the part of the pitch where the ball is. I think to truly appreciate us then you sometimes have to see the bigger picture to show the off-the-ball movement. How we drag opposition players all over the place and create the overloads of 2 against 1 or 3 against 2. It's magical.

So I just listened to this...

It was a quiet weekend and I think this whole segment stank of some producer trying to force a debate.

You had Adam Crafton, no fan of City, and Chapman, a United fan defending City. Micah tried but sounds lost whenever this kind of debate happens, and Sutton was doing his 606 schtick of saying something stupid and then just repeating his point ("I don't feel sorry for Manchester City.Look how much money they've spent") when everyone else said "No one is claiming we should feel sorry for them, besides, everyone has spent money and they're using it much better than everyone else."

And then he replies "I'm not going to feel sorry for them...".

And around it goes for a few minutes of pain. Normally Rory Smith cuts across Sutton and kills the debate by calmly explaining he's arguing against a straw man.

You could tell none of them really cared, so I assume it was dreamt up in some production meeting when they realised there wasn't much to talk about in the second half of the show after doing Benitez/Everton.

It's a shame they do this kind of stuff every few weeks about some hot topic, trying to set up a fake debate because the strength of the program is the interaction between the 4 hosts. It's never going to be a serious platform for Debate with Micah and Sutton taking up half the show.

If they want to do long debates they need to get people like Pat Nevin and Nedum, who can argue something coherently.
Sutton made a tit of himself there, he was basically arguing with himself but I've noticed he'll always have something to beat us with.
On 606 Saturday night they was saying we played great and look solid at the moment and he says out of blue that we haven't won the champions league yet, I think even Robbie savage said what's that got to do with things!
He likes to throw curveballs in does Sutton, he's a weird fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.