Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listened to some of this. Who was that tool called Chris that was arguing with Micah about how much we have spent?
Someone the BBC employed to do so....

Incredible though isn't it really. For a club no one cares about they dont half spend a lot of time telling everyone how much they don't care.

As for this bollocks about people complaining we don't entertain them and find us boring, why on earth would you be watching a football match that involved someone you don't support? very odd.

It’s just because they and the bellend target audience they write for are jealous of us.

Each wish their club had our owner, and were playing the kind of football we do. But their clubs are either shit, irrelevant or has-beens, so they just reach for the City bingo to pander to the sheep.

I‘m certain that anyone with any modicum of intelligence like a journalist (not Star or Sun readers, or a large proportion of the Twitter warriors) must know that we are really fucking good. But they can’t give that credit because of petty jealousy and perpetuating the bullshit myth of the rag/scouse/cockney hierarchy to keep the cash cows going.

What these cretins don’t realise is they could all align with City, praise us for the scintillating, winning football and eventually we’d become more popular and generate the money through media, sponsors and prizes that would filter down to the journalists still trying to dine out on the rags/scousers. Our own PR team don’t really help us in that respect though, we need better marketing that tells every fucker how good we are and refutes any slander about state ownership, human rights, oil, etc.

I think we're boiling more piss than we realise. We have a hold on football at the moment and it's getting to a lot of people.
Exactly.

We OWN this game now. And they know it and it’s killing them. It wasnt supposed to be like this. We were supposed to buy a bunch of mercenaries, managed by a fool, and then noisily disappear back into nothingness after a few years howling at the moon. In short, we were supposed to be a direct message to other non sky-4 clubs to never get ideas above their station, to know their place as fodder to the history boys.

Instead our owner turned out to be a humble genius who appointed a bona fide Godfather as chairman, ably assisted by Ferran and Txiki, who between them eventually lured the best manager of the last 50 years to these shores to manage us. And in said manager‘s own words he “destroyed the game in England”.

I bloody adore this club. We are blessed by God.

The media have long been a disgrace when covering City but it seems they are getting worse. I say seems because I won't read most of what they print but I read one the other day and have seen a few extracts from that Irish Times piece (who do most of their readership support!).

It is beyond belief the crap being written about City being boring and emotionless etc. Either it is a cynical attempt to pander to the red hordes or rank stupidity.

Someone the BBC employed to do so....

Incredible though isn't it really. For a club no one cares about they dont half spend a lot of time telling everyone how much they don't care.

As for this bollocks about people complaining we don't entertain them and find us boring, why on earth would you be watching a football match that involved someone you don't support? very odd.
2016-17 - Pep can't do it in England with his style of play.
2017-18 - City arent great until they win back to back.
2018-19 - City arent great until they win in Europe also they are spoiling english football by being too good.
2019-20 - Football is back. City are cheats and the true champions have returned from 31 years in the wilderness.
2020-21 - What happened? City only win because of injuries to other teams.
2021-22 - City are boring and are spoiling football again.

Let them keep trying to find a narrative. It's embarrasing.

Exactly.

We OWN this game now. And they know it and it’s killing them. It wasnt supposed to be like this. We were supposed to buy a bunch of mercenaries, managed by a fool, and then noisily disappear back into nothingness after a few years howling at the moon. In short, we were supposed to be a direct message to other non sky-4 clubs to never get ideas above their station, to know their place as fodder to the history boys.

Instead our owner turned out to be a humble genius who appointed a bona fide Godfather as chairman, ably assisted by Ferran and Txiki, who between them eventually lured the best manager of the last 50 years to these shores to manage us. And in said manager‘s own words he “destroyed the game in England”.

I bloody adore this club. We are blessed by God.
Brilliant post pal, nailed it

2016-17 - Pep can't do it in England with his style of play.
2017-18 - City arent great until they win back to back.
2018-19 - City arent great until they win in Europe also they are spoiling english football by being too good.
2019-20 - Football is back. City are cheats and the true champions have returned from 31 years in the wilderness.
2020-21 - What happened? City only win because of injuries to other teams.
2021-22 - City are boring and are spoiling football again.

Let them keep trying to find a narrative. It's embarrasing.
In a nutshell mate.

Great post mate, puts these so called journalists to shame trying to tell us and anybody else that we’re watching boring robotic football.
Cheers Bud and as I witnessed over the weekend the same boring robotic football is played by all our teams at all levels, each level is of course filled full of £100million players robbed from our potential competitors. None of the mesmeric passing football could have anything whatever to do with wonderful patient coaching could it?

Yep, its the constant changing of the goalposts that is so childish.
Instead of just talking about how well we are coached and what a good team we are, or what the opposition must do to close the gap on us, its solely this that passes as media discussion regarding City these days.

I've no doubt that if Pep ever wins the CL with us they'll change the goalposts again to avoid giving him any credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.