Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different view from Sky Sports , Grealish "dropped" but Fakeronaldo was "starting from the bench " last night , that place must be rammed with bitter Rags & Dippers , its been over a decade of their negativity and it is getting them nowhere . We are still top of the league
The steam from their piss and the salty tears must be affected their eyesight ,we play the best football ever seen and they just can't take it ..................take it , take it , take it.
Even after being dropped Grealish came on with a smile, played for the team and went off applauding the crowd.
PR37, after starting on the bench, came on, wandered around a bit then ran down the tunnel before everyone else.
Fuck off sky.

The fucking Mail again (just got in from the bar I where watched it) and wanted to read the story I'd just seen............................. Nothing...........I'm sure we played........... did we?......... you wouldn't know it if you read this bog roll.
Some would say that they subscribe to the Mail despite their hate of City football, there’s other things worth reading. I’d say that they’re wrong.

The fucking Mail again (just got in from the bar I where watched it) and wanted to read the story I'd just seen............................. Nothing...........I'm sure we played........... did we?......... you wouldn't know it if you read this bog roll.
The match report is in the sport section of the online app rather than the pl section, no comments when I looked.

From the current edition of Private Eye

BITTER TO THE END...
THE British journalist Andrew Jennings,
who died last month, won an international
reputation by exposing corruption at the top of FIFA and the IOC (see last Eye).

From Mexico to the Netherlands, newspapers have run long and prominent obituaries. In Germany the magazine Sport & Politics rushed out a special 80-page Jennings issue withtributes from fellow-hacks, lawyers, athletes and administrators - including even a gritted-teeth so-farewell-then from Sepp Blatter. ("I could notcall him a friend," admits the disgraced ex-president of FIFA. "At the same time, I have great respect for him and his work.") Closer to home, the Times and Telegraph and i have paid their respects at length, And the Guardian? Not a dicky bird.

When Aidan White, former head of the International Federation of Journalists, tried to interest the Grauniad in an obituary, he was advised instead to submit an item for "Other Lives", the slot for brief notices about non-tamous people.

After consulting Jennings's widow White declined the suggestion, saying it wouldn't do justice to Jennings and his contribution to journalism. He showed them the Washingion Post obituary,which ran to 1,200 words; but to no avail.

Why can't the Grauniad make space? Perhaps
there's a clue in a tribute by former UEFA official Alex Phillips in the new issue of Sport & Politics: "Another place that he trod, where few others dared to tread, was criticising his fellowJournalists if they were weak or got captured by those they were supposed to be reporting on -abreach of journalistic Omerta surely? He did not
Care, because journalists that were part of the game were part of the Problem”

Jennings criticised Guardian hacks who he thought were getting too cosy with sporting big wigs - and it seems the paper hasn’t forgotten or forgiven
Nor has it changed. The lying bile they issue about City is just doing the job of the red shirts for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.