Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else surprised how much Arsenal have spent? For all the moaning the fans do it's not a small amount... I suppose most of it is recent, lets see if how it translates on the pitch in the next few years.
That last table showing that they spent just under £100m less than us over the last five years is eye popping when you compare the amount spent to amount of success ratio between the two clubs.

Dont worry though, they are an institution while we just "reek of money" alan.....................oh, and trophies too.

Sort of Media related, just watching ITV4 big match revisited, Chelsea v Blackpool March 1977. Blackpools sub a certain Mike Summerbee, I wonder if he gets on?
Strange thing is I was at that game, gf at the time chelsea fan, and no, i dont have any pictures.

Cracker on the BBC today re:liverpool win.

"Liverpool and City have tussled for the title for the past five seasons and are setting the standard in the top flight of English football once more, both sides having been beaten just twice in the league so far."

I mean, 2 of the 5 they didn't even finish 2nd and were a total of 42 pts behind us combined in just those 2 seasons. Not so much tussling going on.

"Liverpool and City have tussled for the title for the past five seasons and are setting the standard in the top flight of English football once more, both sides having been beaten just twice in the league so far."

I mean, 2 of the 5 they didn't even finish 2nd and were a total of 42 pts behind us combined in just those 2 seasons. Not so much tussling going on.

The reality is only once in the past five seasons has there been a tussle.

What's happening now is fairly standard, one team playing well with a healthy margin going in to the final third of the season, a team in second that's best of the rest, a tussle for top four amongst the once mighty and the nearly teams and a relegation struggle for the usual suspects.

The presenter of the sports news on the BBC just now was gleaming at the fact that Liverpool were catching City after last night's no-show by Leicester.
We'll have to get Clive Myrie to have a word.

Watched the 2nd half Wolves v Arsenal match last night.

During the commentary, think it was Ian Darke (stand corrected on that), said, the "CL matches start next week, and I think Manchester City are playing Sporting Lisbon".

From the BBC

"Pogba's sublime finish from Luke Shaw's cut-back in the 18th minute was a thing of beauty.

Given far too much space inside the Burnley penalty area, Pogba astutely steered his first-time shot into the roof of the net, giving goalkeeper Pope no chance.

It was one of those moments which underline Pogba's status as one of the best midfielders in the world."

What the fuck is this shit?

12 yards out with not a defender around against the worst team in the league. Lord.
I've been called a pisstake a few times by my mates If I had written that account I may have used similar words. Maybe the original writer was being a bit facetious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.