Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was BT, and I know Ian Darke should stick to boxing, but there was some excellent analysis and punditry in the studio tonight - most notable comments from Hargreaves. "is there a more likeable footballer within the game than Bernardo Silva" and "when City are so clinical like that there is no team that can get near them". Even CamelGob was good, probably through gritted teeth though.
Yep, Hargo is a good un isn’t he?

I know it was BT, and I know Ian Darke should stick to boxing, but there was some excellent analysis and punditry in the studio tonight - most notable comments from Hargreaves. "is there a more likeable footballer within the game than Bernardo Silva" and "when City are so clinical like that there is no team that can get near them". Even CamelGob was good, probably through gritted teeth though.
To get such praise was real testament to how we have been playing and I was half expecting ’Best team in the land and all the world’ to come from one of them.

They know exactly how special this team is, similar to when they could fawn over the mighty Barca. They may not want to admit it, but there actions show how they feel.

Maybe I'm in a forgiving mood but I didn't take the CL final team selection talk as a dig myself. I took it as them saying this is a team that is ready to win the CL and maybe would have done if not for some questionable team selection calls(which we all agreed on) in that game.

I'm not too bothered about stuff like that as long as it's "organic"(as they like to say), there's still plenty to be irritated by with BT's bias though. When they first came onto the scene, I thought we might get some fairer coverage than Sky but they're actually worse and it's not limited to football. I've seen it in other sports they cover too. It seems to be their style, I've always thought that was a bad strategy(people want impartial if you ask them) but maybe it does sell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.