Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
When were these stories ?

Wondering why there's suddenly lots of new pages in the thread, as I haven't become aware of any new shit (I don't go looking for them anyway).
If I remember correctly, they were in the Times. Perhaps you are seeing stuff for the first time is because the paranoid militants were not diligent enough to post them all at the time. Not too obsessed then.

OK, I'm not worrying about shit from 2 years ago, we hadn't even started the pandemic then (officially at least).
If you do want to read it, someone posted it in its entirety:-

When were these stories ?

Wondering why there's suddenly lots of new pages in the thread, as I haven't become aware of any new shit (I don't go looking for them anyway).
This thread exploded back into life after David Mooney said, on Twitter, that the vast majority of media coverage of City was 'fair and balanced, and that some City fans got easily offended or would defend anything the club or owners did. This naturally attracted some comment, which David replied to robustly but politely.

However Sam Lee then picked up on it and, in what was probably a badly worded initial tweet, asked City fans to DM him if they fell between the two extremes of City being 'evil & corrupt' (as portrayed by the media) and having extreme concerns about the ownership. This also naturally attracted some comment, with some questioning his motives, and (unlike David), he went in with both feet, was quite offensive to anyone who questioned him and wouldn't let it drop, calling some City fans "militant cranks".

It seemed to be a coordinated and gratuitous attempt by the two of them to paint some City fans (presumably including me) in a bad light, but the two of them behaved very differently in doing this. I certainly don't agree with Dave Mooney but still have respect for him. Lee, on the other hand, showed himself to be a graceless, snide twat in my opinion. But then he is a rag, so what do you expect?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.