Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but it's "their truth" and, therefore, equally valid as the real truth.
the saddest scenario in this example is that it is actually their employers opinion and they just parrot the words.

imagine your job being to spout the opinions of a rich twat using you as a mouthpiece to spew his own agenda. I couldn't look myself in the eye if that was the case.

Isaac Asimov nailed the state of these 'Modern Times' years ago with his (cynical but true) observation - 'My ignorance is as good as your knowledge'
He was also a vile sex pest who assaulted countless women. So, swings and roundabouts, I suppose.

His current Chelsea story includes the statement that City were bought by a sovereign wealth fund. I tried to complain but the BBC takes complaints so seriously that their complaints web site is not working.
The BBC complaints process has essentially collapsed. They have been overwhelmed and the regulator Ofcom is also unable to cope. This has been confirmed privately to me by a senior BBC source. I have had a complaint which has not been resolved for 18 months. They acknowledged it by email and that was that. They ignored my subsequent complaint to Ofcom, even after Ofcom contacted them. The infrastructure has broken down (like most other things in the UK). If we had a functioning media someone would do a story about it but don't hold your breath. To be fair it is all small beer compared to Ukraine anyway.

First apologies as this is from the Daily Mail, second I didn't know where to post it other than in here.
The mail report that the second most powerful man at Uefa is Akexandra Dyukov. He sits on Uefas executive committee and got that position after the €35 million sponsorship deal his company did with Uefa. He is the Chairman and CEO of Gazprom.
Whilst Uefa have stopped the Gazprom sponsorship, they haven't removed Dyukov !! He is still influencing the corrupt cartel and advising in making decisions.
We always knew Uefa were dishonest, self centred corrupt shits but civilians are dying as a result of his countries actions.
It doesn't get much more corrupt for a regulator (joke) to give a job on its main decision-making body to the boss of a state-funded energy company after getting a payment of 35m Euros! I though UEFA didn't like state-funding. You couldn't make this up. This is why UEFA can't possibly survive in its current format.

news reporting lost the plot when it became all about opinions.

the truth doesn't have opinions, biased humans on the take have opinions

The boys on the 9320 pod have spoken about this before but football journalism is dead because its key reason for existing has died out.

Back in the day, you relied on a reporter to accurately cover a match you couldn't see, or interview a player, or relay the manager's press conference in a build up piece.

Now...every game is on TV, every player communicates through social media and every press conference and post-match interview is on twitter 30 seconds after finishing.

Opinion pieces have popped up more and more because they don't have anything else to do, without them, you're just left with this -

1646320800820.png

That's 5 jobs that could be replaced by an 18 year old club social media manager.

A hypocritical, buffonish, piss-soaked drunken liar speaks…

View attachment 37731View attachment 37732
His spelling & grammar is fucking hilarious for a supposed journalist. I’m sure there’s primary school kids who could spell better than ‘I’m Scouse not English’ Tony.

Proper strange chap who quite possibly believes the earth is flat & the moon is made of cheese as he clearly doesn’t deal in facts

And to say that you can’t write what you want without proof is proven nonsense seeing as he continually spouts his factually unproven ‘City are state owned’ garbage

The guy has some serious issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.