Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal fan on 606 telling us he won’t go to Qatar for the World Cup because of their awful human rights after telling us how terrible it is that they are allowed to own City!!
Yet another arse fan who is blissfully unaware of who owns whom, and where Danny Fiszman’s South African blood diamond money came from and how it paid for their wonderful stadium sponsored by emirates.
It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so sad.
Rwanda. Never forget Rwanda.

Arsenal fan on 606 telling us he won’t go to whatQatar for the World Cup because of their awful human rights after telling us how terrible it is that they are allowed to own City!!Arded thevright to stage
Yet another arse fan who is blissfully unaware of who owns whom, and where Danny Fiszman’s South African blood diamond money came from and how it paid for their wonderful stadium sponsored by emirates.
It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so sad.
I wonder what connection the Arsenal fan thinks his club has with the Emirates stuff all round the errr Emirates stadium.
It's remarkablewhat an easy ride Qatar and PSG get from the English media. They even seem to have forgotten what they were saying when Qatar (and Russia) were awarded staging of World Cup finals for reasons that did not include the word "deserving'. No wonder many fans don't understand.

Everyone laugh at Simon Stone part 201:

"Manchester United privately think what has happened at Stamford Bridge underlines the value of their business model."
Haha. So someone in a senior position at United has some private thoughts about their business model, then thinks "I must phone Simon Stone to tell him that our business model is so much better than Chelsea's". This sounds to me as though Simon Stone is making things up!

He acts more like a press spokesman on the United staff payroll than a BBC reporter paid by all of us to present facts to all of us. 'Utter ****' seems to be the best way of describing him.

He is to sports journalism what Robert Peston is to political journalism - a client journalist - tolerated by his management because he constantly gets "scoops " and can always be relied upon to provide stories to fill in gaps on quiet days - and as they are rag stories the management like it because they appeal to a large demographic

I wonder what connection the Arsenal fan thinks his club has with the Emirates stuff all round the errr Emirates stadium.
It's remarkablewhat an easy ride Qatar and PSG get from the English media. They even seem to have forgotten what they were saying when Qatar (and Russia) were awarded staging of World Cup finals for reasons that did not include the word "deserving'. No wonder many fans don't understand.
Abu Dhabi and Dubai host all sorts of events, high profile golf, cricket, formula 1, Stadium and FA cup sponsor ship and I have never heard one question, everything is centred on involvement with city. Tells its own story.

I'm not convinced this 'Manchester = united' when speaking to people overseas is true at all.

It's more of a generational thing in my experience.

I was born and raised in Manchester, but have been lucky enough to find a career that has allowed me to live and work around the World. Anytime I've chatted about where I'm from and mention Manchester, the first question tends to be "City or united?". Certainly with people 30 or under.

Mrs Munson is American, and we live on the East coast. All of her nieces and nephews and their friends (all in their late teens/early 20's) know as much about City, if not more, than united.

I work for a major network's streaming platform over here. I get paid to study trends, views, etc. and subsequently advise on content production. I know for a fact that the Manchester = united tide has shifted 'massively' over the last few years and will continue to do so.
I went on a trip to Chennai in India back in 2004 and where we were staying there were nationalities of all kinds, every time I was asked whereabouts in England I was from, I replied Manchester and the next question would invariably be “City or United?” This idea that United = Manchester is a bit of a myth.

Everyone laugh at Simon Stone part 201:

"Manchester United privately think what has happened at Stamford Bridge underlines the value of their business model."
It is astounding the difference in BBC reporting
From the brilliance and professionalism they have in their coverage of Ukraine, to the shameful standard they have in their football reporting

It is astounding the difference in BBC reporting
From the brilliance and professionalism they have in their coverage of Ukraine, to the shameful standard they have in their football reporting
How do they report a Ukraine football match?

"Ukraine shoot 3 points in their latest soccer match up"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.