Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is only indirectly City related but this annoyed me immensely...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-60859049

HRW writing about Iraq. This is a country where unspeakable atrocities were committed by Western armies and here we have a Washington agency talking about human rights. I support gay rights, and equality for all but how dare a Western agency lecture Iraqi society about human suffering! This is appalling.

The City connection is that it is these same agencies who write about Qatar and the UAE. Let the Arabs sort out their own countries, and if you are interested in humanity how about you have the moral courage to question your own state, and their politicians? But that is not your function is it. You are there to provide the moral justification for regime change should you desire it.
You know it’s possible for a person to oppose abuses of human rights everywhere, right? Indeed that’s kind of the point of them, their universality. The hypocrisy of HRW, or the USA, or whoever is irrelevant.

You know it’s possible for a person to oppose abuses of human rights everywhere, right? Indeed that’s kind of the point of them, their universality. The hypocrisy of HRW, or the USA, or whoever is irrelevant.
No it is not irrelevant. If anyone is washing and re-writing history it is these Western rights organisations. If you bomb a country into oblivion, how do you expect its society to progress? These organisations are supposed to concerned about human welfare but in reality all they do is try and justify their own existence and justify further military interventions.

No it is not irrelevant. If anyone is washing and re-writing history it is these Western rights organisations. If you bomb a country into oblivion, how do you expect its society to progress? These organisations are supposed to concerned about human welfare but in reality all they do is try and justify their own existence and justify further military interventions.
Spot on Marvin. HRW has even been accused of bias by its own founder & ex-chair, Robert Bernstein. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Human_Rights_Watch

As mentioned in that article, compare its treatment of Israel with that of Kashmir or the other far more appalling regimes around the Middle East. Our own friend McGeehan was vocal about the UAE but had little to say about Qatar, which also fell under his brief. That may tell you something.

Spot on Marvin. HRW has even been accused of bias by its own founder & ex-chair, Robert Bernstein. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Human_Rights_Watch

As mentioned in that article, compare its treatment of Israel with that of Kashmir or the other far more appalling regimes around the Middle East. Our own friend McGeehan was vocal about the UAE but had little to say about Qatar, which also fell under his brief. That may tell you something.

My favourite social media thing during the Russian sanctions was watching how many people were screeching about Israel and Palestine asking why nobody was focusing on that. From absolute top tier geniuses like Hector Bellerin.

Yeah nobody has ever mentioned Israel and Palestine before. Never saw a single story about it anywhere lads.

And McGeehan's goal with his anti-City stuff has always been personal enrichment. He was a "researcher" for years and nobody cared about what he said or the documentary that he had been shopping around to TV stations. Suddenly he mentioned City and got some attention and a Netflix meeting. They told him to fuck off of course, but the strategy of more attention = more cash is a sound one.

This is only indirectly City related but this annoyed me immensely...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-60859049

HRW writing about Iraq. This is a country where unspeakable atrocities were committed by Western armies and here we have a Washington agency talking about human rights. I support gay rights, and equality for all but how dare a Western agency lecture Iraqi society about human suffering! This is appalling.

The City connection is that it is these same agencies who write about Qatar and the UAE. Let the Arabs sort out their own countries, and if you are interested in humanity how about you have the moral courage to question your own state, and their politicians? But that is not your function is it. You are there to provide the moral justification for regime change should you desire it.
I have always felt that HRW is more concerned about politics than human rights.

Like I said, human rights exist independently of the pronouncements of any one human rights organisation. Pointed to alleged hypocrisy on the part of HRW, or whoever, doesn’t actually invalidate any given thing they’ve said about a particular country.

Nope Karen, exposing the unending "democratic" western lies does not condone the russian imperialist aggression to Ukraine; a proxy war that was prepared since 2014 by the Nazis Are Totally Ours and that cuckolded ugly cow Clinton (aka Madame War Criminal) by arming the Nazis. They don't care about the suffering Ukrainians as long as their military industrial complex profits.
That said, fuck you too, Karen.
Err mods - this guy needs a permanent ban - not only is he talking shite but this is supposed to be a football forum - let him go spout this crap on Trumps Twitter whatever it’s called….people like this boil my blood - sling your hook scum!

Like I said, human rights exist independently of the pronouncements of any one human rights organisation.
But we can go further than that. American comment on the state of Iraqi civil society is unacceptable given that they destroyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.