Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan banging on about City spending again this morning, arguing with two blues who called in, stating categorically that we 'cheated' and were sanctioned and fined £49m over FFP in (he said) 2011.
My understanding was that we paid only ~£15-20m(?) of that and only as a penalty of 'reluctance to fully engage' with the trumped up accusations as the charges were hotly disputed, and later cleared at CAS, or was that a later, separate case?
Anyway, well done to Chris who called the narcissistic prick something along the lines of 'a vile and angry bitter little man' sorry I don't remember the precise wording, which was better still!
I still don't get why so few recognise the FFP parameters as the very opposite of fair competition, leaving, as they do, the wealthier clubs to spend more, win more, and remain further away at the top, a protectionism that the whole FFP was designed for as soon as Chelsea, then even moreso City, started to rock the cartel's boat.
The 70% proposal (of turnover?) will surely exacerbate this and, although we are hopefully in a much stronger self-sufficient position these days, surely ambitious clubs outside the luckier few should be even more worried that a shot at the top is increasingly unlikely?

Jordan banging on about City spending again this morning, arguing with two blues who called in, stating categorically that we 'cheated' and were sanctioned and fined £49m over FFP in (he said) 2011.
My understanding was that we paid only ~£15-20m(?) of that and only as a penalty of 'reluctance to fully engage' with the trumped up accusations as the charges were hotly disputed, and later cleared at CAS, or was that a later, separate case?
Anyway, well done to Chris who called the narcissistic prick something along the lines of 'a vile and angry bitter little man' sorry I don't remember the precise wording, which was better still!
I still don't get why so few recognise the FFP parameters as the very opposite of fair competition, leaving, as they do, the wealthier clubs to spend more, win more, and remain further away at the top, a protectionism that the whole FFP was designed for as soon as Chelsea, then even moreso City, started to rock the cartel's boat.
The 70% proposal (of turnover?) will surely exacerbate this and, although we are hopefully in a much stronger self-sufficient position these days, surely ambitious clubs outside the luckier few should be even more worried that a shot at the top is increasingly unlikely?

It was 2014, but we did get a fine (basically moneys from UEFA competitions withheld) of around that amount (60m euros) over three years. What his statement lacks is that 2/3rds of that was returned if we met targets (losses/squad cap for UEFA tournaments) and was thus effectively not actually paid in the end.

It's the usual media line similar to "found guilty by UEFA and banned" without mentioning "and subsequently absolved on appeal".

There was then the 10m euro fine from CAS for not engaging with UEFA's investigation more recently (which the CL contract required).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.