Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Premier World last night and it was John Champion talking about his commentary career and key games he had commented on in his career.

He summed it up well on the 1-6 derby win :

The noisy neighbours have not just arrived at the door, they have knocked the door off it’s hinges. A new era had begun - very true !

I know it’s the Mail but Martin Samuel nails it, once again. The last paragraph sums it all up perfectly!

UEFA still looking after chosen ones​

UEFA have revamped their rules regarding financial fair play. Now, it is about sustainability. A major change is that clubs can lose roughly £60million over three years - double what was previously allowed.

How fortuitous that this should come in just at the moment major influencers like Manchester United and Barcelona need to spend big to get back in the game. What a coincidence.

Yet in some areas the rules have been tightened. External agencies will more closely monitor sponsorship deals with third parties, particularly those brands that might have close relations with the owners. It's a rule that would allow Manchester United, say, to strike deals with companies in Saudi Arabia - but outlaw the same for Newcastle.

Why don't UEFA just bring in a rule that says: whatever Manchester City are doing is illegal. It would save a lot of time, insider networking and hypocrisy.
Every time they tweak the rules they just make it more obvious that UEFA's FFP rules are designed purely to protect the cartel clubs and to stop City and any other club that might get taken over by well funded ambitious owners.

Every time they tweak the rules they just make it more obvious that UEFA's FFP rules are designed purely to protect the cartel clubs and to stop City and any other club that might get taken over by well funded ambitious owners.
And still the sheep lap it up… It’s staggering that he’s the only journalist who consistently calls it out for what it is.

I know it’s the Mail but Martin Samuel nails it, once again. The last paragraph sums it all up perfectly!

UEFA have revamped their rules regarding financial fair play. Now, it is about sustainability. A major change is that clubs can lose roughly £60million over three years - double what was previously allowed.

How fortuitous that this should come in just at the moment major influencers like Manchester United and Barcelona need to spend big to get back in the game. What a coincidence.

Yet in some areas the rules have been tightened. External agencies will more closely monitor sponsorship deals with third parties, particularly those brands that might have close relations with the owners. It's a rule that would allow Manchester United, say, to strike deals with companies in Saudi Arabia - but outlaw the same for Newcastle.

Why don't UEFA just bring in a rule that says: whatever Manchester City are doing is illegal. It would save a lot of time, insider networking and hypocrisy.
You got link to article?

OMG God that is class, I nearly spat my coffee out. Haa Haa well done Martin.

also the CL format change it is almost a guaranteed extra place for Spain and England to be able to have 5 CL places.

probably 9 of ouf 10 times Spain and England will collect most coeff. points over a season, and it will be lke City, Chelsea good CL runs will help 5th placed United into the CL next season.
its a joke.

i think this comes into play already next year so whoever is 5th next season gets into CL I think.
I hope its Newcastle haha. that would send them into berserk mode.

Who would determine "close relations"?
Presumably it would make it difficult for American owned clubs to have American companies as sponsors?

also the CL format change it is almost a guaranteed extra place for Spain and England to be able to have 5 CL places.

probably 9 of ouf 10 times Spain and England will collect most coeff. points over a season, and it will be lke City, Chelsea good CL runs will help 5th placed United into the CL next season.
its a joke.

i think this comes into play already next year so whoever is 5th next season gets into CL I think.
I hope its Newcastle haha. that would send them into berserk mode.
I thought the place was awarded to the team with the highest European coefficient that hadn't qualified for the CL from that qualifying country?
Newcastle will have no coefficient built up, whereas the rags will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.