Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keown on talk sport calling out the commentary of Gary Neville of being bias shouting for a pen straight away and him highlighting the Arsenal fouls where he kept quite about spurs plus no replays of Son elbow!

Nice some else sees hearing what we have being saying about the commentary plus bet the bloke on Var hears them to which an influence them.

I thought the place was awarded to the team with the highest European coefficient that hadn't qualified for the CL from that qualifying country?
Newcastle will have no coefficient built up, whereas the rags will

The four additional places created by the increase from 32 to 36 teams in the league phase of the UEFA Champions League will be allocated as follows:

• One place will go to the club ranked third in the championship of the association in fifth position in the UEFA national association ranking.

• One place will be awarded to a domestic champion by extending from four to five the number of clubs qualifying via the so-called “Champions Path”.

• The final two places will go to the associations with the best collective performance by their clubs in the previous season (total number of points obtained divided by the number of participating clubs). Those two associations will earn one place for the club best ranked in the domestic league behind the UEFA Champions League positions. For example, at the end of the current season the two associations adding one club to the Champions League, based on the collective performance of their clubs would be England and the Netherlands.

also the CL format change it is almost a guaranteed extra place for Spain and England to be able to have 5 CL places.

probably 9 of ouf 10 times Spain and England will collect most coeff. points over a season, and it will be lke City, Chelsea good CL runs will help 5th placed United into the CL next season.
its a joke.

i think this comes into play already next year so whoever is 5th next season gets into CL I think.
I hope its Newcastle haha. that would send them into berserk mode.

I think if it was this year it would be England and Netherlands, but Spain would presumably be close.
France would also have benefitted from the 3rd 'group' place for the 5th ranked country.

I think it's 2 years time that it comes in, so 2024-5.

Theoretically, they could also have the EL winners and CL winners if they didn't qualify from PL places!

Who would determine "close relations"?
Presumably it would make it difficult for American owned clubs to have American companies as sponsors?
Not at all. Just as long as any clubs owned by an Arab aren‘t sponsored by any companies based in Arabia everything is ok…..
A view which, if implemented by the UK government, would see this country in a far far bigger mess than it’s currently in..

This epitomises the type of article we see about city and yet we are accused of paranoia when we say there is an agenda. I mean what is the journalistic purpose of the article? There isn't one, it's just an individual spouting off bitter drivel like some drunk in the pub after their team has been beaten. "Shame on them"? for what exactly? Daring to spend some money that we made from selling on another player to buy the world's best forward for a third of his market price? Or daring to do what other historic top 4 clubs have been doing for decades? What's even more tragic is that an editor has actually approved this drivel. Actually, do editors even exist these days or does each journalist have the ability to type up an article after a few beers and just hit 'publish'?

This epitomises the type of article we see about city and yet we are accused of paranoia when we say there is an agenda. I mean what is the journalistic purpose of the article? There isn't one, it's just an individual spouting off bitter drivel like some drunk in the pub after their team has been beaten. "Shame on them"? for what exactly? Daring to spend some money that we made from selling on another player to buy the world's best forward for a third of his market price? Or daring to do what other historic top 4 clubs have been doing for decades? What's even more tragic is that an editor has actually approved this drivel. Actually, do editors even exist these days or does each journalist have the ability to type up an article after a few beers and just hit 'publish'?

I think it’s supposed to be funny/ironic/sarcastic, with a serious point at the end: somebody is going to miss out.

How is anyone possibly in a position to evaluate the notion posed by the article? Are City going to come out and say they bought him to stop others signing him? Of course they aren’t. So on what basis can his theory possibly be tested. It’s a completely misconceived embarrassment of an article from yet another sports journalist with zero self-respect. What an embarrassing ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.