Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This corker from The Athletic’s Data Analytics writer, no less, Mark Carey, from about 02:46.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-athletic-football-podcast/id1488521447?i=1000563208208

Carey trots out the familiar statistic of Manchester City and Liverpool having picked up 358 and 357 points respectively in the last four seasons, whilst omitting from his ‘analysis’ (which is actually not analysis at all, but merely simple addition) the fact that in the last five seasons, all of which have been contested in full by both Guardiola’s City and Klopp’s Liverpool, City are 26 points clear of Liverpool. The ‘data analyst’ actually omitting our 100-point season, because it didn’t fit the narrative.

Analyse 4 titles v 1. Close, it ain’t.

We could go back quite some time before the points balance tips into Liverpool’s favour. But using the start of the first season both current managers were in charge seems the only useful point of comparison.
8th
4th
4th
2nd
1st
3rd
2nd

Below city on all but one of Klopps 7 years. They don't push us, we push ourselves. Pure spin.

Some old bloke was on talkshite this morning telling slime ball Jim White that he had gone home when the City fans had invaded the pitch and that it had totally spoilt his day. Fucking hell, I know a couple of idiots did what they did and that was all very unfortunate, but to say it spoilt City winning the title is crazy and bit over the top.
Probably never happened, likely a talkshite lacky being asked to call in as any right minded City fan would never bother with that shite station and old wet head Jim needed someone to push the agenda along,

how very obvious and boring that excuse for a radio station is

Which is undoubtedly true, so the question is, why they all take the Liverpool view? If it’s all about clicks, surely everyone other than Liverpool fans, is a much bigger number than just Liverpool fans!
The problem is that fans of other clubs don't read articles about other clubs unless it's bad/negative news
So they know any rag or dipper article is going to get big traffic from the plastics

Only negative City articles get big traffic as the plastics from them clubs as well as most other fans will read them

Until City has a fanbase that can compete with the tourist clubs it won't change, its a poisened challis really as to get the positive media coverage, we have to become what the majority of us hate about the rags and dippers

Supporting City has really brought home to me how out of step the MSM is with the man in the street
It's made me realise how agenda driven the MSM is and I'm not just talking about the coverage of City, if they have an agenda they will drive it home no matter what
In conclusion you can't trust a thing the written or spoken media put out, period

Supporting City has really brought home to me how out of step the MSM is with the man in the street
It's made me realise how agenda driven the MSM is and I'm not just talking about the coverage of City, if they have an agenda they will drive it home no matter what
In conclusion you can't trust a thing the written or spoken media put out, period

The Guardian today is running with pictures of the PM at a party he claimed to the House of Commons he didn’t attend. Contrast that with the Daily Mail, this picture is no where to be seen and they are trying to scare the shit out of their readers with monkey pox. There’s an agenda everywhere and the matter of fact part of it is the first victim.

Ferran Soriano: "We are not a ‘state club’, we are a club owned by three shareholders that look for profit."

We don’t have more money/resources than the others. You only have to look @Rags’s spending these last few years and you’ll see they’ve spent more money."

Funny enough, none of these quotes appear in the broadsheets. Also said pep for life :-)

Might be time to stage a coup now we know Mansour is only in it for the money!

Last edited:
A positive in-depth article in The Times.
ug7zh9z.gif

How Manchester City won the title.
- From a faltering start to a strong finish, Paul Hirst and Pol Ballus dig deep to unearth the hidden factors that were key to success.

Times article (affiliate links removed)

BBC alright today. Very unnerving.
The DT has got back to its usual stance on all things football. I've had the tape measure out, and the day after our parade:

The Dippers 6 (Everyone sez yer soon forget who came second)
The Arse 9
Spurs 20
Burnley 56
EFC 6
Mbappe 130 (one club is mentioned in the headline when he talked to them whilst still at Monaco - yeah, yer guessed, the occupants of Anfield!)
AC Milan 8
City's parade (two graphics) 25 + 20 on an article about Sterling leaving + 15 as the only club mentioned in an article about pitch invasions and points deductions.
MANUre 110

(All figures are the number of column inches devoted to the article/s)

Now imagine what the figures would have been like had Gundog not got the third goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.