Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PL Manager of the year award went to Alan Pardew in 2012 ahead of Mancini and in 2014 it went to Tony Pulis ahead of Manuel Pellegrini. You could't make it up really but it sums up the laughable state of the football establishment in this country.

Manager Name Wins Winning Years
Scotland Alex Ferguson 5 1993, 1999, 2008, 2011, 2013
Scotland David Moyes 3 2003, 2005, 2009
Spain Pep Guardiola 2 2018, 2021
France Arsène Wenger 2 2002, 2004
England Steve Coppell 2 2006, 2007
Republic of Ireland Joe Kinnear 1 1994
England Frank Clark 1 1995
England Peter Reid 1 1996
Northern Ireland Danny Wilson 1 1997
England Dave Jones 1 1998
England Alan Curbishley 1 2000
Scotland George Burley 1 2001
England Roy Hodgson 1 2010
England Alan Pardew 1 2012
Northern Ireland Brendan Rodgers 1 2014
England Eddie Howe 1 2015
Italy Claudio Ranieri 1 2016
Italy Antonio Conte 1 2017
England Chris Wilder 1 2019
Germany Jürgen Klopp 1 2020

What has brought this long overdue change? It is about time we were on the front foot. Does this mean we know the PL probe is based on straw and is due to collapse? Pep has also been proactive. Something has changed.
We definitely have some leverage we didn't have before.

I suspect our finances (independent to any investigation) are going to be incredibly strong, in a very long-term sustainable kind of way. I think the club's popularity globally is far stronger than practically anybody in England could appreciate. I think our success on the pitch is reaching a dominant level.

I think we can finally start swinging.

The PL Manager of the year award went to Alan Pardew in 2012 ahead of Mancini and in 2014 it went to Tony Pulis ahead of Manuel Pellegrini. You could't make it up really but it sums up the laughable state of the football establishment in this country.
They would've given it to Alan Partridge before Mancini that season.

American owners will be the death of English football, the most reprehensible, ill informed and selfish owners in the football structure. A microcosm of the rancid Americanisation of global influence
Can see them building up to around 14 clubs under their stewardship..then all voting for some non relegation bollocks. Prem constitution has to accept it..game and fans suffer. Burnley is a test case.. usa cartel bricking it even more

Excellent post.
What never seems to be picked up on is the respect that City/Pep show to teams in the lower leagues when we play them in any of the Cups.
The amount of positive feedback we have had after these games bear no relation to post match reports right across the press.
Always Pep has a good chat with his opposite number, the players swap shirts, engage with the opposition supporter’s after games and so on.

Doesn’t ever seem to make the mainstream media.

Stalin would be proud of the number that the British media have done on their enemy.

Mark Noble was so brilliant last week after Pep grabbed him. “What he said stays between us.”
Absolutley! I have a very good friend who's a Newport County fan and when we played them down there in the cup a few years ago, he said we were amazing, especially Sterling who stayed out the longest after the game signing autographs and having selfies with the young kids. My mates lad is now a city fan :-)

Excellent post.
What never seems to be picked up on is the respect that City/Pep show to teams in the lower leagues when we play them in any of the Cups.
The amount of positive feedback we have had after these games bear no relation to post match reports right across the press.
Always Pep has a good chat with his opposite number, the players swap shirts, engage with the opposition supporter’s after games and so on.

Doesn’t ever seem to make the mainstream media.

Stalin would be proud of the number that the British media have done on their enemy.

Mark Noble was so brilliant last week after Pep grabbed him. “What he said stays between us.”
My old team mate russ milton now Cheltenham back room staff said similar....had a cuppa with pep, duff and city's back room staff. Said it was a genuinely pleasurable experience as pep and team were really keen to understand the challenges etc at lower level and how fo they address higher player t/ o and 12 month budgets etc. Just a really passionate and inspirational fella my mate said who seemed to care about others in HIS profession but of course lower down the chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.