Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is that this relentless negativity from the media has inspired Pep. He loves being anti-establishment. He loved being the Catalonian outsider in Spain. I think this attitude has made him stay at City longer than he might have done. I also think he finally understands the way our fans feel. His sarcastic comments to the press, piss taking with his cigar. He's changed a lot in the last five years. Basically I think he just loves a scrap.
He knows LFC and MUFC are part of the establishment. He is always damning them with faint praise but deep down I believe he despises them and what they stand for.
I make you right. We will never know for sure of course - unless he writes an autobiography after he retires - but I also firmly believe that the anti-City and anti-Pep rubbish that has taken over the media instinctively appeals to the rebel in him And gives him reason to continue.
Before he came he quite probably thought this was just like any other successful club, just one ran by his trusted confidants. He quickly realised that that isn’t the case.
I believe that if he had been feted and the club not been lied about and castigated so heavily, he may well have gone on to pastures new by now.
What a perfect irony. The people who most want him gone because they know how damaging he is to their favoured four have possibly done more than anyone to keep him here.
And while we are on it, I have said several times that the one thing about Pep is that he wouldn’t be able to overturn a devastating in-game setback a la QPR.
He made me look a right **** on Sunday and I will love him for it for ever more.

The funny thing is that this relentless negativity from the media has inspired Pep. He loves being anti-establishment. He loved being the Catalonian outsider in Spain. I think this attitude has made him stay at City longer than he might have done. I also think he finally understands the way our fans feel. His sarcastic comments to the press, piss taking with his cigar. He's changed a lot in the last five years. Basically I think he just loves a scrap.
He knows LFC and MUFC are part of the establishment. He is always damning them with faint praise but deep down I believe he despises them and what they stand for.
Bang on!

Manchester City must have won the premier league then.

Same thing happened with Mancini and Pellegrini.

Interesting how Ferguson always managed to pick up that particular accolade.
Let's not forget, Pellers failed to win the award having won a title and league cup double in his first season in English football! Clearly, that wasn't sufficient.

Excellent post.
What never seems to be picked up on is the respect that City/Pep show to teams in the lower leagues when we play them in any of the Cups.
The amount of positive feedback we have had after these games bear no relation to post match reports right across the press.
Always Pep has a good chat with his opposite number, the players swap shirts, engage with the opposition supporter’s after games and so on.

Doesn’t ever seem to make the mainstream media.

Stalin would be proud of the number that the British media have done on their enemy.

Mark Noble was so brilliant last week after Pep grabbed him. “What he said stays between us.”
Pep and the City team seem like the polar opposite of Revie and Leeds in The Damned united

He's talking about the PL manager of the year, not the LMA one. Mourinho got it everytime he won the PL, Ferguson got it 11/13, Conte and Ranieri won it when winning the PL and Dalglish won it.
50% of the time City have won the league, someone else has won it. They were Pardew, Pulis and now Klopp.
Klopps in good company with pardew and pulis?!?

Has herr Stonehenge won both the PL and LMA awards? The LMAs are voted for by other managers, the PL who knows?

Suspect like the Eurovision, it's all political voting. Sure EL Pep with his 4 titles in 5years and 11 whilst here, isn't losing too much sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.