Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BBC were pushing it towards the police and pointedly remarked that this is where they will play a big rugby match next month and some other big football match next year in a tone that implied people will get killed then.
With all the events that are held there every year without incident l was wondering if this so called sports presenter was extremely ignorant or just a plain liar. Hard to tell with the modern BBC
The BBC live website text had 2 interesting comments during the delay . One was of Chris Sutton (who I presume was on 5live), and other a journalist (I think) tweet.
They were both alluding to Liverpool fans causing the issues and the UEFA statement.
Within 15mins or so, the narrative on the live text had changed opinion to approx ‘police over reaction’, ‘fans patiently but increasingly frustrated queuing’… and with that the previous comments werent revisited.
Next day, that journalist whose tweet was used, had another very different opinion piece wheeled out.

Ok I’ve kept my powder dry these last few days(weeks). But I’m going to say this anyway. Where I reside now is full of fans of nearly every club in the prem and below and all are about my age an FOC I believe is the term and all saw from the late 60s till the present day violence inflicted on fans from different clubs. And we all argue about the course of this and we all agree it’s tribalism. Back in the day there were no away fans at grounds( nobody could afford to) but has we got more affluent it became the norm to have a group of people with strange accents being in our manor. Move on a few decades it’s the norm and now there’s no violence in the stadiums but lots of banter. Unfortunately now with the interweb stoking the fires of tribalism and the media being the main protagonist I feel somebody is going to lose their life because some twat in the media is typing away selling false hoods. Let’s look what happened yesterday a club manager( who should know better) is asking fans of a certain club to attend a final without a ticket knowing full well the history of this clubs problems in Europe in the past and with the backing of ALL THE MEDIA. So yesterday we saw the team from the east lancs descending on Paris doing what they do and the press having a field day lauding the scallys jibbing in to the ground to watch the nations and neutral fans favourite team. Well I’m sorry but if the media and uefa condone this then what happens in the future for genuine fans safety? It’s the ineverbility that deaths will occur whether at grounds or closer to home when a argument occurs in a strange out of town boozer and it will be down mainly to the press. Even here I’ve got to hold my tongue sometimes because I don’t know the reaction I will get either off the red tops or some other club who don’t particularly like City( see media).

Spot on, uefa have to stop this at the core right now, Liverpool and its fans let down the Premier League and the FA forget the media reports it's all the police and uefa fault with poor security that's bollocks ? The media are trying candy coat the whole thing to deflect the trouble from Liverpool door

when the club manager is saying attend a final without a ticket, it's OK ?? Well that on its own is asking for trouble
but we all knew what was going to happen, and it's a Liverpool thing because they see themselves as untouchable and dare you say anything ? How many times do we have watch and do nothing about it and just brush it under the carpets,

this could be a key moment for Manchester city with uefa after picking up yet another fine after the atletico madrid game ? we will watch with bated breath to see what punishment is handed to liverpool and its fans by uefa

i can 1000% say if this was Manchester city football club and our fans then we would be out of europe for a couple of seasons and fined £50million

"That says it all doesn't it?"
Not quite my scouse friend.
You had a nine mile parade with very few people on eight miles of it and with three weeks notice to have it on a non working day, with it being publicised everywhere. Compared to City fans being told the night before with minimal publicity, about a parade for Monday the next day.
Not quite the same is it?
Plus we didn't pick the most inappropriate day of the fucking year to host ours on (not really sure what ours would be but you know what I mean)!!!

I cannot believe there was no-one at the club with a big enough voice that didn't think it wasn't in the greatest taste to hold it on a Heysel anniversary.

Absolutely ludicrous..........

Plus we didn't pick the most inappropriate day of the fucking year to host ours on (not really sure what ours would be but you know what I mean)!!!

I cannot believe there was no-one at the club with a big enough voice that didn't think it wasn't in the greatest taste to hold it on a Heysel anniversary.

Absolutely ludicrous..........
Truth is they just don’t care.
They believe they never do anything wrong.
It’s why they’re the most disliked of all clubs.

This is what happens when Liverpool FC create an 8 mile tophy parade for no reason at all.

It has to be the longest and greatest trophy parade in the world, to go with all their other greatest achievements.

Screen grabs from LFCTV.

AEDF1-BB5-BFE5-4-F11-8519-9-C5-D220-A5-EFB.png

468-B2-ECF-FD39-40-D6-B409-B44-F942-C3-E34.png

D5-D08-A95-104-E-4-A3-F-9-AE8-6-C99-F5-B16-E3-B.png

FAD67590-BE13-4-B14-941-E-3-D0-BCA05621-B.png
They're like the trumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.