Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
DT this morning, or should that be the DDT, is calling on Southgate to 'unleash' TAA. Does that mean he will relinquish any notion of defensive duties, most of which he is incapable of delivering, and shoving him upfield. Didn't he try that a month or so back? The guy is subject to more hype than a team load of Cruyffs 'n di Stefanos, let alone Dave Ewing!

Last edited:
You can't be click-bait and subscription based.

The whole point of click-bait journalism is to get you to click on an article where you'll go to a website that will show you ads, and that generates ad revenue.

If you're a subscription model with no adverts, click-bait doesn't do anything for you. You just attract people to a pay-walled page with no adverts that doesn't convert anyone into a subscriber.

Unfortunately on BM, click-bait has just become a word for any article containign information or a headline people don't like.

Yep that right but if you still have to have the views people reading them! Do you think if they have half dozen people constantly just reading there articles they will lose there job. Shit on city reading of that article sky rockets guess what more the same will come along with the positives ones.

News Now Man City is best for click-bait headlines.

Read into the headlines before clicking on the story/article and you can workout it's either made up bullsh*t and lies with no quotes or substance, plagiarised, or about another team, with City used in the headline/story.(mainly from the Liverpool Echo and Liverpool.com, both owned by the same media company)
With registered offices in an L4 gutter!

For those of us old enough to remember, John Giles was a sublime footballer who went on to be a rather poor manager.
That said, it's so rare to hear a pundit speak positively about a potential City signing, that it us actually hartening.

Obviously, if we do sign Phillips, we all hope he's proven right, I am not so sure that his judgement should be taken as gospel though :-)
Check out this absolute belter from two and a half years ago....

He was. The David Silva of his generation.

I don’t think The Athletic generally do that tbf (in their City coverage, at least) and Ballus is a very good reporter with integrity. Some Blues have complained that we have only had one reporter covering us (compared to 3/4 for Liverpool and United) so this is welcome news on that front.

Despite the fact that United already have at least three dedicated writers at The Athletic covering them, Ballus's remit is being stated specifically to include United as well as City (and also "the Premier League and Spanish-speakers involved on the game"). In view of the fact that we have one dedicated reporter, I find it rather underwhelming that they aren't stating he's arriving mainly to work on City.

I'd unsubscribed from The Athletic ages ago but was lured back in by one of their £12 for 12 months offers. I quickly became dissatisfied and terminated my subscription, though I have access for another 6 months, at which point the year I paid for will expire. This news won't prompt me to reverse my decision unless I see he's actually primarily assigned to covering us.

You can't be click-bait and subscription based.

The whole point of click-bait journalism is to get you to click on an article where you'll go to a website that will show you ads, and that generates ad revenue.

If you're a subscription model with no adverts, click-bait doesn't do anything for you. You just attract people to a pay-walled page with no adverts that doesn't convert anyone into a subscriber.

Unfortunately on BM, click-bait has just become a word for any article containign information or a headline people don't like.
One could argue that you are baiting now with the last point. Very much a sweeping viewpoint on bluemoon members. Everything online is aimed at being edgy or controversial for financial rewards.Hyperbolic drivel mostly but hey that’s the world we now live in.

Easy this baiting.

Yeah. Don’t you remember? Every time we have had to win the last game to become champions, we have collapsed into a sea of mediocrity, failing against QPR, Brighton, Villa. Pep out, I say.
Did we have to beat West Ham in 2014 or would a draw have been enough? I cant remember!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.