Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abs

This is absolutely the case and getting worse as we are now seeing the same sort of bollocks even on Terrestrial mainstream TV (eg the Pep “Fans” story on ITV local news) -some of the BBCs Sport output these days wouldn’t look out of place on MUTV
The BBC has lost the plot. It doesn't own the broadcasting rights for football matches so it has gone down the clickbait route. Lots of childish, moronic, or over-politicised, coverage especially on its social media platforms and local TV. Its news coverage is irrelevant to anyone outside the Westminster bubble. It is a total waste of taxpayers money.

I remember Munich rocking up at our place and found it bizarre one bloke would get on a plane to Manchester from Munich go to the game and then stand not looking at pitch with a megaphone choreographing fan chants. Their way of creating an atmosphere is a lot more manufactured than ours.

Bayern has a fabulous group of away fans. And there is a lot more atmosphere in knockout CL matches than there is on the more touristy weekends when Bayern usually wins against smaller opponents. Yes, on the normal matchdays the crowds at the Allianz Arena aren't great and it is a little stale. But when it gets tough the atmosphere really is great.

Bayern has a fabulous group of away fans. And there is a lot more atmosphere in knockout CL matches than there is on the more touristy weekends when Bayern usually wins against smaller opponents. Yes, on the normal matchdays the crowds at the Allianz Arena aren't great and it is a little stale. But when it gets tough the atmosphere really is great.
I am sure that's true. The City fans are similar. We are great away from home and we make plenty of noise at the big home games. But do Bayern fans get slaughtered in the German media? Does the club get attacked by all elements of the German press on a daily basis?

I'm sat in a pub watching Sky, and the only games they are advertising this week are Norwich v Liverpool and United v West Ham....... in a nutshell, that is all you need to know about Sky.

We're on BT Sport at the weekend.

The BBC has lost the plot. It doesn't own the broadcasting rights for football matches so it has gone down the clickbait route. Lots of childish, moronic, or over-politicised, coverage especially on its social media platforms and local TV. Its news coverage is irrelevant to anyone outside the Westminster bubble. It is a total waste of taxpayers money.
Agree totally. Even BBC Drama, once a huge strength is equally childish, moronic and over-politicised these days.

I’ve found the atmosphere at FCB to be good the 2 CL games I’ve been to

Going off tact a bit but still media nonetheless. Browsing some City you tube clips earlier and looked at the itn news report from our champs league final, the build up to it.
The dick of a reporter said we're serial failures in Europe and have spent a billion on some of the' worlds best players '. All horribly biased shite and yet again this ridiculous myth about us buying some of the worlds best players. Who have we signed who is one of the worlds best players? Kev is the only one you could say we've ever bought, and even when we signed him he wasn't considered one of the best in the world.
It's what we're up against isn't it?
KDB was a Chelsea reject when we signed him.

KDB was a Chelsea reject when we signed him.
"Manchester City paying so much money for Kevin De Bruyne is an absolute joke. I thought he was out of his depth at Chelsea. He never once went out on the pitch like he belonged there. I don't think he could handle it - and now he's going to City for about three times what Wolfsburg paid for him. Not for me."

Merson's exact words in 2015 after City signed Kev.

P.S. Kev played 3 times for Chelsea, twice as a sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.