Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Manchester City paying so much money for Kevin De Bruyne is an absolute joke. I thought he was out of his depth at Chelsea. He never once went out on the pitch like he belonged there. I don't think he could handle it - and now he's going to City for about three times what Wolfsburg paid for him. Not for me."

Merson's exact words in 2015 after City signed Kev.
Merson had an excuse.

He was pissed.

"Manchester City paying so much money for Kevin De Bruyne is an absolute joke. I thought he was out of his depth at Chelsea. He never once went out on the pitch like he belonged there. I don't think he could handle it - and now he's going to City for about three times what Wolfsburg paid for him. Not for me."

Merson's exact words in 2015 after City signed Kev.

P.S. Kev played 3 times for Chelsea, twice as a sub.

I remember thinking at the time that they failed to mention that Kevin had won both the Bundesliga Player of the Year and the Footballer of the Year (Germany).

Clearly it wasn't worth the steam off their piss.

I remember thinking at the time that they failed to mention that Kevin had won both the Bundesliga Player of the Year and the Footballer of the Year (Germany).

Clearly it wasn't worth the steam off their piss.
Yet when the rags signed Mkhitaryan the media went into full wank mode aboout him being the current Bundesliga POTY. Wonder what happened to him?

Yet when the rags signed Mkhitaryan the media went into full wank mode aboout him being the current Bundesliga POTY. Wonder what happened to him?
To be fair, Old Trafford has been a graveyard for many good players. Remember Gary Birtles anyone? He looked a world beater at Forest before and after he played for United. More recently Memphis Depay is a good example of a excellent player wasted at United.

It must be a slow United news day at the Daily United today, as there's only 8 United articles.

Thankfully there's no City articles. Not even 1 about empty seats. You can all breath a sigh of relief until Wednesday morning when the Daily United will have a headline empty seats article again.

Last edited:
To be fair, Old Trafford has been a graveyard for many good players. Remember Gary Birtles anyone? He looked a world beater at Forest before and after he played for United. More recently Memphis Depay is a good example of a excellent player wasted at United.
Too true. Plus Di Maria, Falcao, Lukaku and Zaha whose careers also went backwards after signing for the rags and only recovered after they left. Many others' careers nosedived at the swamp but never recovered.

The other day,can't remember which news channel, but reporting on Pep and the supposed lack of fans,the backdrop was of a fan in the midst of a sea of empty seats.It was obviously ages before kick off, but the subliminal message was that this was during a match,and to cap it all the supporter was on his phone, obviously bored. Perhaps I'm just getting a bit sensitive in my old age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.