Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of tickets available at the Swamp tomorrow night, even the tourist can't be arsed.

Yeah thing is we should say who gives a fuck supporters can pick and choose who don’t have when money is tight for everyone. But it’s rivalry supporters will say look the scum have 10k less at the swamp why you not calling that out!? It’s endless it’s what they media want it keeps the money coming in especially calling out our fans for not going!

The annoying thing is the complete inaction by our PR/Media team yet again. No way was there 38000, it was more 45,000 and given that we had to allocate tickets for the away team and they brought no one actually makes it a decent crowd. But the incorrect reporting of 38k was not corrected and as usual is now stated by the media as fact.

The club could have put this to bed if we had a competent PRMedia team by stating the correct crowd and also pointing out it is one of 3 home games in 10 days along with the travel issues so actually happy with the crowd.

Any from tonights crowd in the media, i hope they point out other crowds and its not just ours inc Barcelona last night. People have lost jobs, prices everywhere going up, lots of people just do not have the resources for 3 games in 10 days.

Rags have given away plenty of tickets for their game and they are playing a PL team. Remember when they laughably claimed a certain crowd before which was so inflated even the police released a statement saying it was not true.

Perhaps there is just to much football now ..
Plus a lack of attractive matches in early Cup matches generally with no offence meant to Wycombe. Add in the effect of Covid, the economic situation brewing and the story is really about a problem affecting all clubs but it's twisted to be a kicking opportunity against City often with facts completely distorted.
The TV companies advertise like mad for people to watch their 'product' at home and then indirectly criticise those who do.

I’m almost certain if they did that the press would suddenly turn their attention to the plight of the working class in Abu Dhabi, and blame us solely for that.
Piscan did it at the Swamp and nobody batted an eyelid. In fact if anything he was lauded for it in certain circles.

The press/media are never going to stop this shit about our fans attendance.
For some reason any empty seats at the Etihad seem to show up on TV more than other clubs.
I personally dont think we are any different the most other sets of fans for attendance or atmosphere.
I saw a few dipper games a few seasons ago Anfield was like a library when liverpool lost possession, same at the swamp.
I dont think we will ever win the argument about seats, its written by people who get all the freebies from the club and are paid by their employers to attend.
Unlike us fans who dont have this luxury for most of us to attend it means less money in the pot for our families.
Am I travelling up for tonight's match ? No, did a 100 quid on Saturday cant afford or have the time for 2 days of work.

Perhaps we need to find away of turning it into a joke like in the 90's !

Things is with attendance it's the TV companys that have fucked us fans around. I buy a ticket in good faith for Saturday 3pm KO. Than the TV companys moved it, some times it means I cant go or if moved to sunday means only 3chrs sleep before work. If move to a Monday it means 2 days of work !.
There are loads of reasons people cant attend and for people who get all the perks when attending the match to criticise hard work families is disgraceful.

While the cunts are getting all the perks they`re getting paid and then slag off fans who are trying to pay for 3 home tickets in a week. These fucking reporters have no shame they are scum.

I’m almost certain if they did that the press would suddenly turn their attention to the plight of the working class in Abu Dhabi, and blame us solely for that.

I've been of this opinion for a long time, that the club should avoid any kind of action that would draw comparisons to the UAE having one of the most restricted press in the world, but perhaps it's time the club stops worrying about the press reporting on Abu Dhabi?

Khaldoon, Mansour & co. obviously don't have a problem with the state of things in Abu Dhabi given they're literally part of the government that upholds it.

City already get all of the negative press to do with being owned by Abu Dhabi, it's becomes very noticeable that "oil money" is not longer the buzzword on social media, it's now "blood money" or "slave money".

So what are we protecting here?

I've been of this opinion for a long time, that the club should avoid any kind of action that would draw comparisons to the UAE having one of the most restricted press in the world, but perhaps it's time the club stops worrying about the press reporting on Abu Dhabi?

Khaldoon, Mansour & co. obviously don't have a problem with the state of things in Abu Dhabi given they're literally part of the government that upholds it.

City already get all of the negative press to do with being owned by Abu Dhabi, it's becomes very noticeable that "oil money" is not longer the buzzword on social media, it's now "blood money" or "slave money".

So what are we protecting here?
Yeah, fair point. The very idea of sportwashing seems laughable now, given the amount of additional scrutiny and criticism of Abu Dhabi that their ownership of City has brought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.