Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Star's jumped on the bandwagon now saying thousands of unsold tickets for tonight's game "as the row goes on" and could be the lowest attendance since Pep took over,no mention of any other stats with other clubs,Twats !
I'm done with all this shite from the Star,they're banging on abouts fans moaning about Pep moaning about lack of players due to injury tonite.Pep wasn't "moaning" and it's not even our own fans "moaning" Utter Shite at the lowest level . I'll never click on the Star again.

The PR team needs a complete shake up. If you can’t beat them, join them. Start hiring broadsheet hacks to do our bidding. Introduce a new robust pro active approach and stop fannying about.

World class manager, owner, players but a totally inept media department. The fans demand change and as custodians it is time the owners listened.

Our good name means shit in today’s social media. It can’t get any worse. What exactly are we waiting for? A negative Abu Dhabi story? So fucking what. You come at the fans you better have a damn good reason. Openly attacking the attendance figures is the last straw.

So if anyone from the club is trawling through bluemoon reading these threads do your fucking job and sort it out or get out of the way.

Government petition to change how the club interact with the media is needed. If we get enough signatures we can at the very least create a debate that the club cannot ignore. Rise up blues, it’s our club no matter the owner.

Last edited:
I think you make a good point. Sending out a message of intent to the press at this time would not be a bad idea. That said you have to pick your battles carefully. You can't ban someone for just criticising the club. It's a free country. But plenty of people in the media have gone way beyond that by publishing false information. We certainly need to be more proactive. A front-foot interview from Khaldoon would go down well with the fans. It does feel that the club is drifting a bit off the field.

Completely agree about picking your battles. Some sections of the media need a shot across the bows and if the club does not want to look as if its suppressing criticism, as Ric alluded to, based on the sensitivities of freedom of the press. Defending the fanbase, during a pandemic, would be the best tool to convey a message.

Last edited:
I never knew it was a national requirement that if you were a supporter of a football club you had to attend every single game. Maybe next theatres, cinemas and concert goers will be shamed for not attending. I hope other clubs are under as much scrutiny too

I never knew it was a national requirement that if you were a supporter of a football club you had to attend every single game. Maybe next theatres, cinemas and concert goers will be shamed for not attending. I hope other clubs are under as much scrutiny too
Of course it is, Spurs only getting 30k last week is everywhere - even overshadowing the coverage of our disgraceful 45k against a team with no away fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.