Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know what decent means.

But, I just had to double check the precise meaning.....

Decent is used to describe something which is considered to be of an acceptable standard or quality.

Why? Because according to the Daily United(and Jack Guaghan)....

View attachment 28961

So it’s an ‘acceptable standard’ to win 8 trophies in 5 season. In that case Klopp has failed, even with a get out of jail CL trophy card. 4 trophies since 2015.

8 trophies?

3 PL titles.
1 FA Cup.
4 Carabao Cups(League Cup)
2 Community Shields.
=10 trophies.

Obviously Jack doesn’t think the Community Shield is a trophy. He best tell that to all the other Managers, including Ferguson, who’ve won it previously.

Back to the Daily United.

Is there every a headline or article in that Rag fanzine that doesn’t downplay Pep’s and City’s trophy achievements?

Imagine the euphoria from the Daily United and their Journalists if Ole could win 10 trophies in 5 seasons as manager of Manchester United.

PS.

No mention of Pep being the only Manager to ever do the domestic cup quadruple in English Football.
Jack gaughan is one of the few that actually write exactly what they see in a fair, even handed manner. If I remember correctly he used to be a bit negative towards us originally but now is one of the best out there to cover City’s games. I read the article and it’s just standard Pep, as has been alluded to if any of the red shirts had been as ‘decent’ as City they’d be calling for another manager to be knighted.

Let's hope that Pep does stay at least another 200 PL games and that he wins what he calls a "spectacular" haul of trophies, including 6 successive CLs, while the rags search forlornly for a manager prepared to try to get them out of the championship at the fifth time of asking. Then headlines won't bother you so much, jrb - but still don't expect them to be exactly positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.