Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torres story not going away. It bloody annoys me that we get him back to fitness after he gets injured playing for Spain, then he sticks up two fingers and negotiates with the Catalans behind our backs.

He probably is already back in Spain, bloody ungrateful bugger.

Torres story not going away. It bloody annoys me that we get him back to fitness after he gets injured playing for Spain, then he sticks up two fingers and negotiates with the Catalans behind our backs.

Doubt he’s been here long enough to be sufficiently culturally assimilated to start sticking two fingers up, mate.

The Birmingham media bigging up Gerrard how great he is well if he becomes a great manager as in getting Villa top 6 then pushing top four maybe win a trophy?! Guess what Birmingham media he be of back home to Liverpool in a flash! Yeah they get a lift but it’s a bad bad appointment in so many ways.

But as Pep always says: "I only want players who want to play for Manchester City. if they don't want to play they can leave." It is a stance which has served us well. City is a big enough club these days to take this position. We are not in the begging business any more and I respect Pep for it.
The truth is that so far Torres has not made the grade in the PL. He will find it easier in Spain. He could turn into a great player over there. But some people are not up for a challenge at the highest level. Barca are a shadow of what they once were.

Would be strange to sell a player when we're scratching for a team.

...The truth is that so far Torres has not made the grade in the PL. He will find it easier in Spain. He could turn into a great player over there. But some people are not up for a challenge at the highest level. Barca are a shadow of what they once were.
Let's compare him with Sane, both started their first City seasons at the same age.

Sane PL 26/5 FA 5/2 LC 2/0 CL 4/2 TOTAL 37/9
Torres PL 24/7 FA 3/1 LC 3/1 CL 6/4 TOTAL 36/13

Let's compare him with Sane, both started their first City seasons at the same age.

Sane PL 26/5 FA 5/2 LC 2/0 CL 4/2 TOTAL 37/9
Torres PL 24/7 FA 3/1 LC 3/1 CL 6/4 TOTAL 36/13
Whatever the stats say Sane made more impact, especially in big games. Also Sane was an out and out winger unlike Torres. Some would also argue that Sane underachieved in the PL (I am not one of them). My point remains though for any player. If they don't want to play for City then they can leave.
Sometimes people just get stale and need a change. Sometimes personal issues get in the way. I wish Sane well and hope Torres does well in the future. You won't catch me booing them when they come back to our place like the mindless Villa fans. The club is always bigger than the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.