Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew about this of course, but not sure you can quote an 80 year old page to support analysis of today. After all, the Guardian opposed the launch of the NHS.
I think an earlier reply to you included a link to an online essay on the DM and fascism, I just went with the headline.
But it’s not just that, it’s the populist headline hypocrisy.

if ever a paper embodies ‘do what I say, not what I do’ it’s them. Especially on tax creative avoidance.

I think an earlier reply to you included a link to an online essay on the DM and fascism, I just went with the headline.
But it’s not just that, it’s the populist headline hypocrisy.

if ever a paper embodies ‘do what I say, not what I do’ it’s them. Especially on tax creative avoidance.
Thanks. Read that link, some interesting history there.

Switched over to three different streams today as the commentary was so sycophantic.

The NBC commentary when fred scored was embarrassing.

Exhibit A

daily Mail - check

supporting fascists headline - check

piece bylined by lord rothermere , owner and tax domiciled offshorer - check

For you younger viewers and some older the daily mail ran a campaign to put speed limits on the motorway( there weren’t any others) and won a parliamentary vote after a car(AC Cobra I believe did well over the ton on the M1). So yes they are coonts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.