Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
But as Pep always says: "I only want players who want to play for Manchester City. if they don't want to play they can leave." It is a stance which has served us well. City is a big enough club these days to take this position. We are not in the begging business any more and I respect Pep for it.
The truth is that so far Torres has not made the grade in the PL. He will find it easier in Spain. He could turn into a great player over there. But some people are not up for a challenge at the highest level. Barca are a shadow of what they once were.

Bernardo Silva surly comes into that bracket, but he's still here.

Watching the United v Arsenal game.. Commentator making a big issue and controversy about Arsenals goal( checked by VAR and no issue).When rat face equalises just before half time he said it was natural justice.. I repeat again natural justice.
Never heard that before.. I think even co commentator McCoist was embarrassed by that
He also said at full time rags back near top of the league where they belong

But as Pep always says: "I only want players who want to play for Manchester City. if they don't want to play they can leave." It is a stance which has served us well. City is a big enough club these days to take this position. We are not in the begging business any more and I respect Pep for it.
The truth is that so far Torres has not made the grade in the PL. He will find it easier in Spain. He could turn into a great player over there. But some people are not up for a challenge at the highest level. Barca are a shadow of what they once were.
Fully agree and a decision he'll come to regret. Where else can he play for a team that's coached and run daily by his national counterparts, with a real chance of the highest accolades.

If he was bright enough he'd do well listening to the likes of FDJ who now openly admitting that La Liga isn't all that great and to making a big mistake NOT joining a premiership club.

A bit of a backwards step in all honesty.

Bernardo has earned the right to decide how he spends the rest of his career. He will always be a legend to me for what he has done for City. If he does decide to move on for personal reasons no one can say he has not given everything to our club. I would be gutted though.

No one has a clue to the real reason he wanted to move on, but he's always stated he loves City. I doubt he'll be as keen for a move to Spain now?
I believe he was just fed up living in a city-centre flat on his own during Covid with difficulties seeing his friends and family. Manchester city-centre was no fun during the worst days of lockdown. I also suspect the Mendy situation didn't help. The Mendy allegations were rumbling on behind the scenes for almost 12 months and Mendy was close to Bernie as shown by the racist Tweet row. I really hope Bernie stays.

I believe he was just fed up living in a city-centre flat on his own during Covid with difficulties seeing his friends and family. Manchester city-centre was no fun during the worst days of lockdown. I also suspect the Mendy situation didn't help. The Mendy allegations were rumbling on behind the scenes for almost 12 months and Mendy was close to Bernie as shown by the racist Tweet row. I really hope Bernie stays.
Me to mate, he's absolutely quality and a workaholic.

If Torres wants to leave, then fine, but we are now in a position (like we were with Bernardo in the summer) where we can say this is what we want for you find yourself a buyer and you can go.

Barca have no money so they either need to sell or look for a swop deal we fancy , otherwise Torres stays.

Sorry about this but couldn't resist:

He's not being very surly at the moment though surely? He's playing so well. :-)

Again apologies but it just struck me as funny that our lovely Bernie would be surly. :-) :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.