Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have read the previous posts about whether last nights coverage was fair or not and there is some disagreement.

For me though, I thought it was very good considering what we are used to, and the whole package must have looked good to neutrals hoping for entertainment without the usual football "politics" that normally accompany our games.

We put a good team out even with/because of the covid situation, and Im sure that the Swindon players/management were pleased with that, and the financial aspect.

it was a good entertaining game,

there were plenty of goals,

Swindon played a big part in the game and emerged with credit despite the scoreline,

people rooting for the underdogs had something to cheer with us conceding and missing the pen,

and without wanting to sound condescending, I am sure loads of their fans were happy to see KDB and the like strutting their stuff at their ground.

Overall the programme must have been a success, and the likes of bt/sky, and even the bbc must feel a bit foolish that another tv station can easily show them how its done, without trying to sway the viewers to their biased way of thinking.

Well done ITV, last nights programme could well emerge as the best of this weekends tv fixtures.

She knew I was City mad on our first ( blind) date, as I had been to Maine Road that afternoon to see City play Bolton.
March 3rd 1979 if anybody wants to check up!!
Went on a blind date when I was 22, thought it was a Saturday night, met the lads after work on the Friday teatime, a few pints later and the pub phone rings, my mate, “Hammo, what the fuck are you doing in there, you’re supposed to be meeting us for the blind date”. Gets taxi home, quick change, meet my mate and his partner and my blind date. Alas the earlier beers were having an effect, couple more drinks and off to Smokies nightclub, that’s about the last I remember, apparently I called her by the wrong name and eventually fell asleep on a sofa. Funnily enough we didn’t have another date. Fit as fuck as well and her parents were wadded, I was definitely punching!

Went on a blind date when I was 22, thought it was a Saturday night, met the lads after work on the Friday teatime, a few pints later and the pub phone rings, my mate, “Hammo, what the fuck are you doing in there, you’re supposed to be meeting us for the blind date”. Gets taxi home, quick change, meet my mate and his partner and my blind date. Alas the earlier beers were having an effect, couple more drinks and off to Smokies nightclub, that’s about the last I remember, apparently I called her by the wrong name and eventually fell asleep on a sofa. Funnily enough we didn’t have another date. Fit as fuck as well and her parents were wadded, I was definitely punching!
Funnily enough I was 22 at the time as well and the wife was 20,almost 21.
My pal had met her younger sister a few weeks previously in Pips .
He rang me after I got home from the game about meeting her older sister.
I was a bit reluctant at first ,as I had been working until 1pm that morning and had a couple of beers before the game so was a bit tired.
Anyway he mentioned that she was a nurse(at Christie's),so my interest soon perked up and I agreed to go.
We met in Nicolas Nickelbys On Cannon Street and got on well from the off.
We then walked down to Pips ,and she was amazed when I paid her entrance fee,as previous boyfriend's had always arranged to meet her inside.

I thought the commentary was a mixed bag. they gave us credit at times but it doesn’t take long for McCoist to return to type. He was far more interested in criticism of the Swindon goalie than he was in the marvellous free kick from Gundogan.

Funnily enough I was 22 at the time as well and the wife was 20,almost 21.
My pal had met her younger sister a few weeks previously in Pips .
He rang me after I got home from the game about meeting her older sister.
I was a bit reluctant at first ,as I had been working until 1pm that morning and had a couple of beers before the game so was a bit tired.
Anyway he mentioned that she was a nurse(at Christie's),so my interest soon perked up and I agreed to go.
We met in Nicolas Nickelbys On Cannon Street and got on well from the off.
We then walked down to Pips ,and she was amazed when I paid her entrance fee,as previous boyfriend's had always arranged to meet her inside.
Nice story, Pips brings back some memories, we are obviously same generation, Pips, Rotters, Beer Keller in Town, met Mrs H in 84 in Sids Stalybridge, apologies for off thread post.

I thought the commentary was a mixed bag. they gave us credit at times but it doesn’t take long for McCoist to return to type. He was far more interested in criticism of the Swindon goalie than he was in the marvellous free kick from Gundogan.
If Ederson let that goal in I would have put my foot through the TV screen. It was bad keeping.
Over the wall, fair enough, but not around it. Schoolboy error.

254C5479-7864-4793-BE11-10D01E5E811D.jpeg
i wonder what happened in the man city v swindon clash? i assume that guy smiling got the winning goal…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.