Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barmy Barney Dissects Haaland - Was it the "Private Zoo" ?

Here`s yet another pretentious diatribe from Barney.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nd-and-the-300m-question-how-much-is-too-much

It would be laughable if not for the fact that he takes himself so seriously, and unfortunately there are far too many others who lap up this bias in a national newspaper.

Once proud and respected, The Guardian`s fall from grace is concerning. Its Sportblog is now an example of little more than a fabricated, skewed, space filler.
Well that clinches it. He is coming to City and the press pack know.

Hubble bubble toil and trouble,
Piss is boiling at the double.

The real point is, as we have seen before, if Liverpool were signing Haaland they wouldn't be quoting wages or agents fees. Also, as this signing is being accepted, the put down has been building over the last couple of weeks. We've seen the wages go from, matching Kev's aledged 350k pw to over 500k pw.

It's well known that we will pay a decent basic and the big bucks are for winning. These dickheads like Ronay put stuff out there and other fans accept it as gospel - unfortunately, so do some blues - we should know better.

We shouldn't feel guilty about doing what other clubs have done for years - Pep defends it, so should we.

And the point seems to be football is a business where a lot of people have or make tons of money, much more than us mere mortals. Wow, never realized that; thought it was just bankers, IT companies, social media, on line retailers, drug companies, energy companies, royals, dodgy politicians, singers, rock stars, American football players, baseball players, BBC execs, Netflix, mobile manufacturers...............
and a few others. (Stamps foot). It's just not fair. Jeez.
It is also a business where Neymar cost 222 MILLION EUROS before wages / agent fees etc!

Barmy Barney Dissects Haaland - Was it the "Private Zoo" ?

Here`s yet another pretentious diatribe from Barney.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nd-and-the-300m-question-how-much-is-too-much

It would be laughable if not for the fact that he takes himself so seriously, and unfortunately there are far too many others who lap up this bias in a national newspaper.

Once proud and respected, The Guardian`s fall from grace is concerning. Its Sportblog is now an example of little more than a fabricated, skewed, space filler.
What a fucking bitter and deluded article. Very very upset Haaland is possibly going to City.
This is the most seismic young talent in world football but Ronay basically says he’s dull, predictable and too good. Doubt he would say that if he was going to a red shirt team. The true fact is that he’s mesmeric, people are drawn to him just as they are to most great players,
As for the money, has he heard of Neymar? As for money tuning football, here’s a story. Big club had exciting French talent but lets him go for free because the manager is a pisscan. Said club then pays £120 million fee and agents fee plus a shitload of wages for a regularly underperforming player and then.,,.,,is most likely letting him go for free again. Now Barney, please explain how that is good for the game and for the fans money?
And guess fucking what Barney..,,after watching Bobby Shinton, Ged Brannan and Eike Immel.......I’m more than fucking happy for my club to spend the money and be able to watch the best fucking player in the world!!!!

Is my memory failing me, or did we not spend the last four years complaining about the media banging on about the quadruple, and asking Pep about it constantly?
Was as it Talkshite ( Gobby Jordon I think ) when City were in with a chance of the quad

Bbc article: Liverpool quadruple bid - how the Reds are already closer than ever to landing the 'Fab Four'​

They go on to talk about other close calls and how theyve failed... Wanna guess which team has a video of them being knocked out of a cup one year?
I can remember when City were in with a chance of the quadruple Gobby Jordon on talkshite said it would be seen as failure if we didn't win it given the money we have spent. Fuck the lot of them.

let’s not forget American troops were also in Syria and did nothing to halt the ongoing genocide.
That my friend is the definition of deflection.
Social Media has taken tribalism to a whole new level. I'm staying out of the "defend UAE at any costs" debate from now on, its toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.