Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had that station on all day. I’ve noticed the bait laid out regarding Madrid last night. I didn’t hear anything about how horrible their style of play is when they knocked the rags out. Praises us, like as if they’re trying to get them to ring in.

This will be good now about Foden. If you listen carefully you’ll hear some piss boiling.
Noticed they are trying to stir shit about Pep and Simeone for the second leg.

"Mistranslation" of Pep praising his defensive tactics. Saying Guardiola accused him of prehistoric football which has been reacted to by Koke.

It's as if they want to create a poisonous atmosphere for the second leg.

Noticed they are trying to stir shit about Pep and Simeone for the second leg.

"Mistranslation" of Pep praising his defensive tactics. Saying Guardiola accused him of prehistoric football which has been reacted to by Koke.

It's as if they want to create a poisonous atmosphere for the second leg.
These are moving on to Simeone’s tactics now as well.

There is a great spoof video on Paddy Power Twitter feed on half and half scarves..Don't know how to link it so you will have to find it yourself.

I don't listen to Talk Sport but had a long journey today and turned it on and heard some woman (between the infinite betting adverts) try to defend Simeone tactics with some mention of money as if Athletico Madrid are Rochdale. No one dared mention how much they paid for Felix?

I don't listen to Talk Sport but had a long journey today and turned it on and heard some woman (between the infinite betting adverts) try to defend Simeone tactics with some mention of money as if Athletico Madrid are Rochdale. No one dared mention how much they paid for Felix?

500m squad A Madrid and a player who cost them 125m. Some people are thick as fuck or just lazy fcukers as in don’t want to check if what they about to say is truthful.

Tomorrow’s Mirror
Brilliant Burnley won the big “white lives matter derby” with Everton at turf moor. The late winner by Cornet could be worth hundreds and thousands to the cock a hop Clarets.

I've just noticed Barca's new Shirt and Stadium deal is going to be worth around £78m a season. No training ground naming as part of that deal, as far as I can see. This led me to find an article on stadium sponsorships/naming rights and I discovered Febernache get £7m a season, Atletico get £8.4m on their stadium deals. No offence to the Turkish league but the stadium of most successful PL club of the last decade, is surely worth twice what Febernache get.

There's so many examples of the ignorance displayed by those who continue to claim City's Etihad deal is inflated. If UEFA's own biased auditors admitting it wasn't inflated, back in the 2014 agreement wasn't enough on it's own. The same goes for the differences between PSG's and Newcastle's ownership and City's, the distinction is clear but they never make it. It surely has to be nothing short of wilful ignorance on the part of the media and the anti-city crusaders of the general public on the whole. They do know better but they chose to ignore what they don't like, to suit their agendas.

City's £67m deal, is still often disingenuously compared with straight shirt deals. Or just Arsenal's, ignoring that Liverpool, Chelsea and even Spurs are all getting £40m a season for straight shirt sponsorship deals, with nothing else attached. How would you break the Arsenal deal down? £30m for shirt - £10m for stadium or £35m for shirt £5m for stadium... Whichever way you do it, the deal itself shows it to be a little lower than they should be getting, rather than indicating anything about City's deal. United get £47m for their shirt and they have been performing abysmally.

United are also going to replace AON on the training kit with Tezos for £20m a season.

AON's 8 year deal, that started in 2014, was a total of £180m for shirt and training ground naming rights(did anyone ever hear the media refer to it as the AON training complex btw?). That was broke down by some sources as £12m for the training kit and £10m for the ground per season.

Put it all together and you could break down that £67m per season Etihad deal in multiple ways and justify each. Unless, someone actually knows the official breakdown of the splits.

£40m shirt, £13.5m stadium, £13.5m training complex,
£42m shirt, £15m stadium, £10m training complex,
£45m shirt, £12m stadium, £10m training complex,
£47m shirt, £10m stadium, £10m training complex,
And so on.

Last edited:
Norwegian journalist (city fan) just posted on a City-group on facebook that there is expected to be more footballleaks coming out of City tomorrow. Didn't say anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.