Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
City is part of the forward thinking of the Abu Dhabi ruling class to make their economy as diversified and robust as possible as the world moves away from fossil fuels and into the space of renewable energy. There is nothing romantic with what our owners have done. It’s brilliant and their business acumen and competitiveness is commendable, but ultimately it’s a business decision that allows for another arm of further growth of their sovereign investment fund. I’m just happy they chose city and have also now become invested in the city and the fans as a product of their vision.

So you are saying City are owned by the Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund?

The whole concept of taking the moral high ground over sports teams or tournaments being wholely or partly funded by the middle east is riddled with hypocrisy. Pretty much every single sport, including its clubs and the journalists who use the term sportswashing are all in some way or other being funded by money from the middle east the same way as from the USA. The modern world is one big mixing pot and the richest regions will always have money to invest globally. Those that pick and choose what they call out as distasteful are complete hypocrites. From football to golf, there is vast amounts of middle eastern money driving the sports via sponsorship, without it the sports wouldn't be as successful and the journalists wouldn't have the worldwide audience to increase their own wages (or maybe the yanks would finally get their own way and end up running the whole show)

We may not be owned by Abu Dhabi state but do you think that Sheikh Mansour invested without any regard to promoting his own country of which he is one of the main leaders. Now he is brilliantly promoting his country across the world. That is great and I wish him every success.
Personally, I think it is the other way around.

I think Mansour invested his own money as a personal investment, and as a proud Emirati, and a member of the ruling family, he takes a pride in the way his personal investments reflect Abu Dhabi to the rest of the world.

If Abu Dhabi as a state had wanted to own a football club directly, I doubt they would have worried about some what some journalists would say, and would have invested directly from Mubadala in the first place, like Saudi has with PIF.

What do you think all these American owners buying premier clubs interest is?
Obviously substantial long term capital growth for themselves. They are clearly not promoting their country. I am glad Sheikh Mansour is the main man. He has promoted his country to me. I had hardly heard of it before he bought into City.

Haha Had to look that up

“the desire to promote the welfare of others, expressed especially by the generous donation of money to good causes.
"he acquired a considerable fortune and was noted for his philanthropy"
I thought it was Foden and another bloke.

Obviously substantial long term capital growth for themselves. They are clearly not promoting their country. I am glad Sheikh Mansour is the main man. He has promoted his country to me. I had hardly heard of it before he bought into City.

Think both are looking to make money one as soon as possible the other long term view with a plan across the world plus investing awful lot of money

Reactions: NMB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.