Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Haaland article by Ronay the other week was actually largely decent, but this is just more tiresome, predictable shite from The Guardian sport desk. The final paragraph is particularly pathetic.

I thought the Haaland article by Ronay the other week was actually largely decent, but this is just more tiresome, predictable shite from The Guardian sport desk. The final paragraph is particularly pathetic.

Ah liew once again. He really is a consistent disappointment of a journalist.

And yeah, that last para is pure poison; it’s just so bad it’s beyond refuting, I mean where do you start.

The likes of Liew and Wilson seem to derive zero joy from watching football, but try to impose their misery on the rest of us.
I know it’s an oft-quoted trope on here, but it really is galling to think of the likes of these two ever swanning into our stadium to come and enjoy our hospitality and watch us play.

got to love the bit re match of the day analysis as if The Grauniad intellectual hacks are on a superior plane
"any attempt at meaningful analysis reduced to Match of the Day punditry level, in which one simply describes the thing that everyone else is already watching. Well, here, Gary, we see Haaland kick the ball and do a goal. He has lots of goals, Alan adds. You did a lot of goals in your time, Alan, Gary replies. Everyone laughs."

got to love the bit re match of the day analysis as if The Grauniad intellectual hacks are on a superior plane
"any attempt at meaningful analysis reduced to Match of the Day punditry level, in which one simply describes the thing that everyone else is already watching. Well, here, Gary, we see Haaland kick the ball and do a goal. He has lots of goals, Alan adds. You did a lot of goals in your time, Alan, Gary replies. Everyone laughs."
I’m getting a bit tired of these articles where any attempt at meaningful analysis is reduced to Guardian punditry level, in which one simply resorts to slightly xenophobic tropes rather than describing the thing that everyone is watching. Well, here, Jonathan, we’ll talk about “oil money” and “Arab state owned super clubs”. I said exactly the same thing last week, replies the other Jonathan. Everyone laughs.

I know it’s an oft-quoted trope on here, but it really is galling to think of the likes of these two ever swanning into our stadium to come and enjoy our hospitality and watch us play.
I'd toss them both off the top of the park.

I’m getting a bit tired of these articles where any attempt at meaningful analysis is reduced to Guardian punditry level, in which one simply resorts to slightly xenophobic tropes rather than describing the thing that everyone is watching. Well, here, Jonathan, we’ll talk about “oil money” and “Arab state owned super clubs”. I said exactly the same thing last week, replies the other Jonathan. Everyone laughs.

It was like he had a checklist (citeh bingo) that he needed to include which stopped from being a well written positive story to the usual xenophobic nonsense.

He talks about the fairy tale transition & yet fails to include that his dad played for City in that period. Why, well it removes the the romanticism & takes it back to laboratory designed & away from hard work & dedication. It as if he’s become Jaws (Bond) or some Soviet experiment only achieving because of his size.

I like the start where he talked about defenders brushed aside with ease. How about analysis of that. Why couldn’t Lukaku (1” shorter but 15kg hesvier) who looks far stronger have that impact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.