Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, what do you know? When the falsehoods of FSG, Klopp and the WhatsApp Group are discounted, Liverpool can and do compete. Whoever would have thought that an impartial expert could possibly expose those ostensibly august bastions of truth as a bunch of venal, hypocritical liars. I for one am shocked, I tell you. I mean, it's not as if the truth was out there all along for anyone who cared to look for it.

Over the course of Pep's tenure City have spent 16% more on players and wages.

This is not insignificant, it's an advantage for sure, but it's amazing how things fall into perspective when someone does the maths and shows that the differences are not infinite, as the media would like us to believe.

For example, spending an extra £17m a season would have nearly halved the gap. Don't FSG have that much to spare? Spoiler, yes they do.

Or when Liverpool let possibly £75m+ in Wijnaldum, Karius and Origi walk out the door for nothing, and sold their best player, 2nd in the Ballon D'Or rankings for £27m...that financial gap does take on quite a different look.

One of the media narratives around Liverpool is that they "have to be perfect" in the markets to keep up with City. I'm not sure that's true, but I'm 100% sure they haven't even gotten close to perfection in their squad management. They'll likely lose Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita, Firmino for zero as well because they leave all their decisions too late. 18 months ago they probably could have gotten 15-20m for Ox, Firmino is going to be so much harder to keep hold of now he'll get all those juicy free agent contracts.

Last edited:
Over the course of Pep's tenure City have spent 16% more on players and wages.

This is not insignificant, it's an advantage for sure, but it's amazing how things fall into perspective when someone does the maths and shows that the differences are not infinite, as the media would like us to believe.

For example, spending an extra £17m a season would have nearly halved the gap. Don't FSG have that much to spare? Spoiler, yes they do.

Or when Liverpool let possibly £75m+ in Wijnaldum, Karius and Origi walk out the door for nothing, and sold their best player, 2nd in the Ballon D'Or rankings for £27m...that financial gap does take on quite a different look.

One of the media narratives around Liverpool is that they "have to be perfect" in the markets to keep up with City. I'm not sure that's true, but I'm 100% sure they haven't even gotten close to perfection in their squad management. They'll likely lose Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita, Firmino for zero as well because they leave all their decisions too late. 18 months ago they probably could have gotten 15-20m for Ox, Firmino is going to be so much harder to keep hold of now he'll get all those juicy free agent contracts.
Well said but have you noticed the narrative is never spend compared to Man Utd who have spent as much if not more than us and proves money does not guarantee success or never a hint that we are about 12th in the net spend over the last 5 years or so

Just seen the ssn app about Klopp not writing Liverpool's season off yet, fairly enough but the sky journo then writes about Liverpool winning 7 MAJOR trophies in the last three years. He's surely not counting the community shield in this is he?
I'm sure when we won it, it was never classed as major, lol

Just seen the ssn app about Klopp not writing Liverpool's season off yet, fairly enough but the sky journo then writes about Liverpool winning 7 MAJOR trophies in the last three years. He's surely not counting the community shield in this is he?
I'm sure when we won it, it was never classed as major, lol

1 PL trophy in 33 years, by the very definition of rivals our rivals have been Chelsea.

Gummy is talking shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.