Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in to your post, it seems to me that The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers have benefited from similar, inflated media veneration over recent years. This has driven the narrative of Liverpool's recently created image, which is not only intended to encourage profitable click-bait responses for the media but also diminish City's considerable achievements under Guardiola.

None of it is warranted, not least because what MIGHT have happened for Liverpool actually DIDN'T happen..

From the scouseBBC "The German and Liverpool's owners have faced criticism this term for not doing more to rejuvenate a squad that went close to an unprecedented quadruple of trophies last term."

So many mentions of this unprecedented quadruple that never was. I'm amazed that our actual unprecedented quadruple that happened isn't mentioned nearly as much.

Just as liverpool are officially known as "Liverpool, who finished just one point behind Manchester City and were just 2 games off an unprecedented quadruple" I'd like city to be known as "Manchester City, who won the league last year again following on from their unprecedented quadruple of domestic trophies in 2018/19"
It’s “Scousewashing”.. it’s the new phrase, we all need to use it. Just learned it myself from @LongsightM13 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.