Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bascombe is a LFC fanzine editor employed by the DT. His articles are truly cringeworthy. However the DT like most other media outlets is infested with sycophantic journalists who binned off reasoned, objective and balanced reporting years ago.
He also forgets to mention the difference in transfer fees.

“There are 6 Argentina stars in the PL” report the Daily Mail in an article about clubs refusing to release players early. Amongst the “stars” listed is one Alejandro Garnacho (no, me neither), a Utd player apparently.

Julian Alvarez doesn’t make the list, he must’ve changed his nationality.

Garnacho has made his international debut I believe.

Regarding Alvarez, never heard of him , and neither has the Mail. Allegedly.

If you say so but if you thought I was going for the moral high ground your judgment isn't to be trusted either way.
But you are taking the moral high ground.

You just can't see it.

I'm not talking about moral equivalence, that's a blind alley.

The west can't bring about change if it presupposes that its set of values are universal, they're not. Where everyone else is judged along a sliding scale of values that we write and where we are at its pinnacle.

But even if one believes that the principles the west promotes are universal, that western liberal democracy is the benchmark against which everyone else must be judged, what sanctions are justified in their pursuit? We don't talk to China about climate change? We sanction countries and whole populations coz they're not like us? We don't let a Prince in the UAE own a football club?

Yet, like the hypocrites we are, despite the fact we write these "universal" rules and selectively punish those we judge fall short, we don't adhere to them ourselves! Nevertheless we do demand those countries we don't particularly like should.

A little humility and introspection is needed, a little seeing it as they see it wouldn't go amiss.

Last edited:
Garnacho has made his international debut I believe.

Regarding Alvarez, never heard of him , and neither has the Mail. Allegedly.
He's only played for Spain u18s and Argentina u20s, less than 10 times between the two. Had a look earlier.

No they didn't. It's based of a CIES article which listed the most expensive, average and cheapeast starting XI's for every side in the top 5 leagues and the Mail used the average.

A more relevant report would be money badly spent.
Maguire 80
Sancho 70
Martial 50
Right back 50
Van Don beek 40 ( but worth 80)
Traore 40

None of whom the manager wants. Whereas the City squad though smaller is trusted by Pep to play.

A more relevant report would be money badly spent.
Maguire 80
Sancho 70
Martial 50
Right back 50
Van Don beek 40 ( but worth 80)
Traore 40

None of whom the manager wants. Whereas the City squad though smaller is trusted by Pep to play.

Who is Traore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.