Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick point.

As blues, a very small but relevant point we use when defending the club is asking where the criticism is of Arsenal (Emirates), Liverpool (Standard chartered) and the likes (just two examples of my overall point here..).

We're often met by the response that this is different because it's not actual ownership of the club but merely shirt and/or stadium sponsors.

So here's the rub..the fact these dubious organisations such as Emirates or Chartered can have their names plastered on shirts and stadium of major clubs, without ever being questioned regarding their principles or morals, is surely.....Sportswashing?

A clubs ownership who are slated every single day without fail, regularly brought to the forefront by the media and human rights abuses discussed and highlighted at every single opportunity isn't washing anything. Quietly sponsoring clubs without having to worry about any of the above, I would suggest, is.

Quick point.

As blues, a very small but relevant point we use when defending the club is asking where the criticism is of Arsenal (Emirates), Liverpool (Standard chartered) and the likes (just two examples of my overall point here..).

We're often met by the response that this is different because it's not actual ownership of the club but merely shirt and/or stadium sponsors.

So here's the rub..the fact these dubious organisations such as Emirates or Chartered can have their names plastered on shirts and stadium of major clubs, without ever being questioned regarding their principles or morals, is surely.....Sportswashing?

A clubs ownership who are slated every single day without fail, regularly brought to the forefront by the media and human rights abuses discussed and highlighted at every single opportunity isn't washing anything. Quietly sponsoring clubs without having to worry about any of the above, I would suggest, is.
Ask the @FA ...PLxaJWvv_400x400.jpg

We are being blanked in the media at the moment, no mention good, or bad, their new tactic?

To be fair the BBC have us well down the football page and the rags even further down, sports pages aren't fit for purpose these days IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.