Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In June 2019, it was revealed that only two men had sought pardons for historic gay sex offences in Northern Ireland and that they both failed to have their convictions overturned. Across the UK, over half of those who applied for a pardon did not have their convictions overturned.
Oddly enough, on my way to work this morning, RTE Radio carried a story about how the Irish Government were initiating legislation to (almost unilaterally) pardon all historic convictions for gay sex offences. They were saying it wasn't straightforward because, as ever with the law, there are nuances in individual cases to be considered but the general consensus was where there's a will there is a way.

Given the timelines involved in the enactment of the relevant sexual freedom laws of each country, I'm surprised (and disappointed) to learn from your post that the UK appears to be behind on this.

For no particular reason was looking back on stuff around the 2011 fa cup semi final against the rags. The guardian did a piece pre match entitled the fans view. The City piece was done by Dave Wallace and as you would expect was fair, modest and mildly humorous. The rags piece was by some twat called Nigel Harris,, it was the mist arrogant pile of crap I've ever read. Would love to know what the f ****r thinks now as we have ripped his world apart for the last decade. In particular hope he was at Sunderland on 13 . 5 . 12 he's probably not stopped crying since.

For no particular reason was looking back on stuff around the 2011 fa cup semi final against the rags. The guardian did a piece pre match entitled the fans view. The City piece was done by Dave Wallace and as you would expect was fair, modest and mildly humorous. The rags piece was by some twat called Nigel Harris,, it was the mist arrogant pile of crap I've ever read. Would love to know what the f ****r thinks now as we have ripped his world apart for the last decade. In particular hope he was at Sunderland on 13 . 5 . 12 he's probably not stopped crying since.

The twat you refer to was actually called Daniel Harris.
Still a Harris they are all rwats-)

Klopp again

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.