Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guardian has a clear editorial stance with regard to City and is rigorous in shoehorning it into every piece on us, no matter how tangential or irrelevant. To that end, the notion that City are "sportswashing" is presented as unimpeachable fact.

In truth, it's contentious at best, promulgated by purported experts with a manifest self-interest in doing so. And no one has yet evinced a persuasive theory as to why the UAE should feel itself constrained to pursue such a strategy to win the hearts and minds of the public when it already manages to construct lucrative, cordial relationships with all types of countries across the globe.

TL,DR - see the message I quoted from @Prestwich_Blue.
Evinced! Love it x

bf1fe602693b70767506a95bfef855ef.jpg
Where’s “ gulf state owned man city”

TBH I felt bad when Sheikh Mansour paid for my flight to Porto for the CL final. But I couldn’t turn it down. :-)

I fully understand Gary’s dilemma. Being offered £12mill, staying free in the best hotels, wined and dined, probably including his family, and watching almost every match. It’s an offer which is tuff to turn down, even if you‘ve constantly made out you’re appalled by human rights abuses across the Middle East.(when it suits) ;-)

TBH I felt bad when Sheikh Mansour paid for my flight to Porto for the CL final. But I couldn’t turn it down. :-)

I fully understand Gary’s dilemma. Being offered £12mill, staying free in the best hotels, wined and dined, probably including his family, and watching almost every match. It’s an offer which is tuff to turn down, even if you‘ve constantly made out you’re appalled by human rights abuses across the Middle East.(when it suits) ;-)

Thought it was 5m? 12m no one would turn that down he take the money say a lot of nice things about them over there once back he back to calling them out

I get what you mean but... if rich people can't stand by their own principles it would be fair just to call them hypocrites on every opinion they hold.

Neville accepted the money not because he needs it but because he wants it. Money grabbing Stoat. Protesting about workers rights whilst supergluing yourself to Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani's wallet is not a good look.

@petrusha uses "promulgated by purported experts" and you use the word 'tuff' ;)

Sorry jrb, it made me laugh anyway :)

Klopp saying that you can't expect managers and players to be experts on politics. It's a valid point, as football seems to be a looking glass to all sorts of societal and political issues these days.

Yet the hypocritical **** thinks he's a finance expert, despite the fact that he thinks Newcastle, with a turnover which is just a quarter of Liverpool's, can outspend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.