Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. I’m not saying I’d like to watch that style of football every week. But was it six seasons he kept them in the Premier League and even into Europe?

For a town that small and for a manager operating on that budget, I’d have it down as pretty much the most successful managerial stint in the Premier League’s history outside of the clubs actually winning trophies.
I disagree. Sean Dyche did well keeping Burnley up but they were dreadful to watch. I think Eddie Howe at Bournemouth did better. He brought them through the leagues and into the premiership for 5 seasons playing attractive football.

That's it. Who gives a fuck. Facts are irrelevant in the majority of what we read online and in newspapers these days. A left wing person things the BBC is right wing. A right wing person thinks they're left wing. Social media will give you stories that suit your political profile based on what you click on and what you read/like etc. We're all just fucking ants. Regardless of whether we're state owned or owned by a company run by someone from Abu Dhabi the fact is we're fucking dominating and they can't stand it. You can try and educate, but they don't care. They'll still spit out the same old bile about how we've ruined football.

They perceive the US owners to be poor and the Arab owners to be minted. The US owners are fucking loaded. But they want to get instant returns. They want to drip feed money in and take big sums out, it's the US model. Then leave as soon as you've exhausted the opportunity. Our owners see a way to broaden the opportunity and they spend money to make money. Either enjoy the fact we've rattled them and they're chatting shit, or long for the days when we're lickle City that everyone has as their second team and no one mentions us except when they're talking about Oasis.

There will come a time when they start reporting on us fairly, and that will be when our fans outnumber the rags and dippers. At that point they'll cater to their new audience by bigging us up and reporting favourably. Until then just ignore it and enjoy the fact we're loaded!
AMEN!

I find the best thing is to always agree with the accusations...even if you dont agree / theyre wrong...cos either way, itll piss them off even more.

How the fuck Slabhead Maguire is getting on the plane instead of James Tarkowski is a farce. Southgate is a cluless ****.

That the Tarkowski who has made 2 appearances for England and played zero European football but did manage to play in a side that got relegated last season? Maguire is shite but he got in the team of the tournament for the Euro's. Southgate has to look for him to re-find that form rather than drop him when there are no standout options. We're fucking terrible at the back other than Sir John.

That the Tarkowski who has made 2 appearances for England and played zero European football but did manage to play in a side that got relegated last season? Maguire is shite but he got in the team of the tournament for the Euro's. Southgate has to look for him to re-find that form rather than drop him when there are no standout options. We're fucking terrible at the back other than Sir John.
Slab head got in that team of the tournament over John Stones and that was a fucking crime in itself, he has been shite ever since for club and county.

You should be picked for your country on form not some past glory and as for Tarkowski, why has he only had 2 appearances for England?

The England that must pick the same 'star' names over and over again regardless of their actual form, a lot of club bias thrown in for good measure, since that last tournament the waistcoated prick should have blooded in some new defenders to see if they could improve this terrible at the back predicament you mentioned.

The very reason I couldn't give much of a fuck for England tbh

Last edited:
i must of been at different game last night i thought chelsea looked ok and caused us issues by playing very wide stretching the pitch
Agree , i thought Chelsea did ok and tried to play football unlike 90% of the teams we play , but the after match inquisition from the pundits was a hatchet job on Chelsea and Potter , the shit stirring has started early for the new manager.

Slab head got in that team of the tournament over John Stones and that was a fucking crime in itself, he has been shite ever since for club and county.

You should be picked for your country on form not some past glory and as for Tarkowski, why has he only had 2 appearances for England?

The England that must pick the same 'star' names over and over again regardless of their actual form, a lot of club bias thrown in for good measure, since that last tournament the waistcoated prick should have blooded in some new defenders to see if they could improve this terrible at the back predicament you mentioned.

The very reason I couldn't much of a fuck for England tbh

The team got within a penalty shootout of winning the tournament. James Tarkowski isn't the fucking answer. There's no club bias at play either, that's a load of bollocks. He's had plenty of players from clubs down the table in his squads. He's picked Maddison despite Leicester having a shite start to the season and only recently picking up form. Rice starts when he's at West Ham. Phillips started when he was at Leeds. Maguire was in the squad in his Leicester days. He picks Trippier from Newcastle over TAA from Liverpool.

Come up with a better name than Tarkowski and I could understand where you're coming from. But there is no better option. You can't hang Maguire out to dry because of his form for the rags when he went into the Euro's similarly out of form and yet made the team of the tournament.

If we had a Sol Campbell, Ledley King, John Terry or Wio waiting in the wings then fine. But we don't. The options are Maguire, Stones, Dier, Coady, Tarkowski, Tomori, Guehi. It's a long list of unproven shite other than Stones. But Maguire is top of the rest of them.

I dunno. I’m not saying I’d like to watch that style of football every week. But was it six seasons he kept them in the Premier League and even into Europe?

For a town that small and for a manager operating on that budget, I’d have it down as pretty much the most successful managerial stint in the Premier League’s history outside of the clubs actually winning trophies.
So not successful then? And with a turnover a budget most teams in Europe would love.

He’s a shit manager as Vinnie is proving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.