Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. I’m not saying I’d like to watch that style of football every week. But was it six seasons he kept them in the Premier League and even into Europe?

For a town that small and for a manager operating on that budget, I’d have it down as pretty much the most successful managerial stint in the Premier League’s history outside of the clubs actually winning trophies.
As a former resident of Burnley with many friends among their fan base I would say that their is a great deal of gratitude to Dyche but people much prefer Vinnies footy. Believe if Vinnie comes back here for a cup tie he will get the warmest reception any visiting manager has ever received. It must be said Dyche produced a tram playing excellent football in Burnleys championship winning season. As for Eddie Howe very entertaining footy but as likely to lose 4 3 as to win. Dyche created stability it wasn't pretty to watch but keeping such a small town in the prem for six seasons and bringing European football to the Turf was a fantastic achievement. Good luck to the lad. Think Vinnie is auditioning to succeed Pep and up to now makeing a pretty good job of it.

Agree , i thought Chelsea did ok and tried to play football unlike 90% of the teams we play , but the after match inquisition from the pundits was a hatchet job on Chelsea and Potter , the shit stirring has started early for the new manager.
not seen tv programe but doesnt suprise me they wouldnt give city credit anyway

That the Tarkowski who has made 2 appearances for England and played zero European football but did manage to play in a side that got relegated last season? Maguire is shite but he got in the team of the tournament for the Euro's. Southgate has to look for him to re-find that form rather than drop him when there are no standout options. We're fucking terrible at the back other than Sir John.
The bottom line is Tarkowski is bang in form whilst slabhead has been a dreadful liability.

How the fuck Slabhead Maguire is getting on the plane instead of James Tarkowski is a farce. Southgate is a cluless ****.
for his versatility.......if we're struggling for a goal then we can chuck him top and he'll get us a goal.
Stroke of Genius by southgate i say

So not successful then? And with a turnover a budget most teams in Europe would love.

He’s a shit manager as Vinnie is proving.

If your definition of success starts and finishes with winning major trophies, then I suppose he was a failure, along with about 90 other managers in the league every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.