Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm constantly irritated by the lazy 'typical lefty' narrative deployed at times like this, I have to agree wholeheartedly with the comment above. As a long-time reader of the Guardian, I took the decision to end my subscription, in part, for precisely this reason. In short, there is a narrow agenda which those employed by this media outlet and its ilk promulgate and woe be tide anyone who deviates from their self-proclaimed path of righteousness. The ultimate irony is that those who demand tolerance and understanding are the very same people who rush to close down debate on any contentious issue and condemn what they view as

While I'm constantly irritated by the lazy 'typical lefty' narrative deployed at times like this, I have to agree wholeheartedly with the comment above. As a long-time reader of the Guardian, I took the decision to end my subscription, in part, for precisely this reason. In short, there is a narrow agenda which those employed by this media outlet and its ilk promulgate and woe be tide anyone who deviates from their self-proclaimed path of righteousness. The ultimate irony is that those who demand tolerance and understanding are the very same people who rush to close down debate on any contentious issue and condemn what they view as dissenters.
We now essentially have a UKIP government fuelled by right wing media and self styled commentators in awe of so called think tanks.
Surely we deserve an alternative point of view?

I’m not as convinced as some that Arsenal will fold. That was the old Arse with a soft centre. Arteta’s team is much more resilient.
Of course they may suffer a spell of poor form but we should not assume so.
Nor me. They wobbled in the Carabao but that might have been the blessing they were looking for. This Arse team is made of sterner stuff than the softies that collapsed after too much turkey 'n plum pudding.

We now essentially have a UKIP government fuelled by right wing media and self styled commentators in awe of so called think tanks.
Surely we deserve an alternative point of view?
We live in a parliamentary democracy, you get your view every 5 years, the present government enacted the will of the British people to leave the EU, decided by a free and fair referendum. I voted to remain in the EU, but democracy only works with loser's consent. The guardian newspaper has a world view and if you don't agree you are a fascist

I’m not as convinced as some that Arsenal will fold. That was the old Arse with a soft centre. Arteta’s team is much more resilient.
Of course they may suffer a spell of poor form but we should not assume so.
If they win it after not making top 4 last year fair play to them, they have splashed a lot of cash like all the top teams and play decent football. What they don't have to contend with as often as us is officiating like we have had v Fulham Villa,Newcastle, Brentford,Liverpool,etc etc etc. The only time they got the 'reffed like City' treatment was at Ragworld and they fell apart

If they win it after not making top 4 last year fair play to them, they have splashed a lot of cash like all the top teams and play decent football. What they don't have to contend with as often as us is officiating like we have had v Fulham Villa,Newcastle, Brentford,Liverpool,etc etc etc. The only time they got the 'reffed like City' treatment was at Ragworld and they fell apart
TBF they outplayed the ragamuffins and should've won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.